Apr 19, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have given us a lot in the first four games of their series. In fact, they tied an NHL record by sending their first four game to overtime, becoming the only teams to do that other than the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens way back in 1951. Yet for all that, the Blackhawks must feel a little stunned to be down 3-1 in the series thanks to tonight’s 3-2 overtime loss.
Toews has been a surprisingly robust source of frank quotes lately, and he nailed the mood when he spoke with Chris Kuc.
“It doesn’t feel like we’re down 3-1,” Toews said. “Every game has been close. Tonight, especially, it’s a little disappointing.”
The Blackhawks have shown that they can fight back from a big deficit to at least make a series out of things before. As you probably remember, the Vancouver Canucks had them down 3-0 last season only to need a dramatic Alexander Burrows overtime-winner to squeak by Chicago in Game 7 of last year’s first round.
Of course, the bottom line is that the Blackhawks still lost that series – close or not.
We’ll see if that moment ends up telling the story or if Chicago can turn things around and make things awfully interesting once again.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)