Apr 19, 2012, 11:41 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have given us a lot in the first four games of their series. In fact, they tied an NHL record by sending their first four game to overtime, becoming the only teams to do that other than the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens way back in 1951. Yet for all that, the Blackhawks must feel a little stunned to be down 3-1 in the series thanks to tonight’s 3-2 overtime loss.
Toews has been a surprisingly robust source of frank quotes lately, and he nailed the mood when he spoke with Chris Kuc.
“It doesn’t feel like we’re down 3-1,” Toews said. “Every game has been close. Tonight, especially, it’s a little disappointing.”
The Blackhawks have shown that they can fight back from a big deficit to at least make a series out of things before. As you probably remember, the Vancouver Canucks had them down 3-0 last season only to need a dramatic Alexander Burrows overtime-winner to squeak by Chicago in Game 7 of last year’s first round.
Of course, the bottom line is that the Blackhawks still lost that series – close or not.
We’ll see if that moment ends up telling the story or if Chicago can turn things around and make things awfully interesting once again.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)