Apr 19, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have given us a lot in the first four games of their series. In fact, they tied an NHL record by sending their first four game to overtime, becoming the only teams to do that other than the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens way back in 1951. Yet for all that, the Blackhawks must feel a little stunned to be down 3-1 in the series thanks to tonight’s 3-2 overtime loss.
Toews has been a surprisingly robust source of frank quotes lately, and he nailed the mood when he spoke with Chris Kuc.
“It doesn’t feel like we’re down 3-1,” Toews said. “Every game has been close. Tonight, especially, it’s a little disappointing.”
The Blackhawks have shown that they can fight back from a big deficit to at least make a series out of things before. As you probably remember, the Vancouver Canucks had them down 3-0 last season only to need a dramatic Alexander Burrows overtime-winner to squeak by Chicago in Game 7 of last year’s first round.
Of course, the bottom line is that the Blackhawks still lost that series – close or not.
We’ll see if that moment ends up telling the story or if Chicago can turn things around and make things awfully interesting once again.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 1
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)