Apr 19, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
There were some curious reactions to comments made by Bruins goalie Tim Thomas following Thursday’s 2-1 loss to the Capitals. According to ESPN Boston’s Jimmy Murphy, an interview Thomas conducted with NESN did little to compliment Braden Holtby’s great game and seemed to point the finger of blame at his teammates for only scoring once.
“Just watched Tim Thomas on NESN post-game. Calls out teammates. Not surprised.”
“Funny how according to Thomas two goals Caps scored and goals Bruins didn’t score are on Thomas’ teammates. #blameeveryoneelse”
“Tim Thomas apparently not part of goalie’s union. Doesn’t give any credit to Braden Holtby and blames teammates.”
“We had a lot of shots, but as far as high-quality scoring chances? I wouldn’t say we got a lot of those,” Thomas said. “If you’re going to get those shots and get pucks to the need you need people in front of the net screening, tipping and getting rebounds.
“That’s seems to be our problem this series, getting that down.”
OK, to be fair, Thomas might just be staying on point. After all, he said it wasn’t his job to “pump Roberto Luongo‘s tires” so maybe he shouldn’t be expected to do so for Holtby, either.
“Maybe we panicked too much, I guess,” Krejci said. “I don’t know. I think we had so many chances we could have won the game. That’s the story of the game.”
Haggerty reports that Krejci also used the term “frustrated” six times, so while Thomas and his teammates might not see eye-to-eye on the source of the blame in Game 4, there might be a consensus on the resulting emotions.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4