Apr 19, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
There were some curious reactions to comments made by Bruins goalie Tim Thomas following Thursday’s 2-1 loss to the Capitals. According to ESPN Boston’s Jimmy Murphy, an interview Thomas conducted with NESN did little to compliment Braden Holtby’s great game and seemed to point the finger of blame at his teammates for only scoring once.
“Just watched Tim Thomas on NESN post-game. Calls out teammates. Not surprised.”
“Funny how according to Thomas two goals Caps scored and goals Bruins didn’t score are on Thomas’ teammates. #blameeveryoneelse”
“Tim Thomas apparently not part of goalie’s union. Doesn’t give any credit to Braden Holtby and blames teammates.”
“We had a lot of shots, but as far as high-quality scoring chances? I wouldn’t say we got a lot of those,” Thomas said. “If you’re going to get those shots and get pucks to the need you need people in front of the net screening, tipping and getting rebounds.
“That’s seems to be our problem this series, getting that down.”
OK, to be fair, Thomas might just be staying on point. After all, he said it wasn’t his job to “pump Roberto Luongo‘s tires” so maybe he shouldn’t be expected to do so for Holtby, either.
“Maybe we panicked too much, I guess,” Krejci said. “I don’t know. I think we had so many chances we could have won the game. That’s the story of the game.”
Haggerty reports that Krejci also used the term “frustrated” six times, so while Thomas and his teammates might not see eye-to-eye on the source of the blame in Game 4, there might be a consensus on the resulting emotions.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)