Apr 19, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
It’s unlikely that he’d top Zdeno Chara‘s record-breaking blasts, but if the All-Star Game’s hardest shooting competition drew in the hardest shooters period (All-Star or not), Florida Panthers defenseman Jason Garrison probably would’ve been invited. The hard-shooting blueliner already has a playoff goal on 10 shots and scored 16 during the regular season, so he might be missed in Game 4 against the New Jersey Devils.
His absence wasn’t an expected thing, either. Garrison is reportedly dealing with a lower-body injury, but Panthers GM Dale Tallon told George Richards he was “surprised as ‘you’ were” about the unhealthy scratch.
Garrison isn’t a household name by any means, but great power play point depth is a big reason why the Panthers are in the playoffs. The hard-shooting 27-year-old had one of the man advantage tallies that made Florida a perfect 3-for-3 on Tuesday.
Assuming this is an injury and isn’t an internal matter, the Panthers have to hope they’ll have Garrison back on Saturday – whether they’re up 3-1 or tied 2-2 in the series.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)