Apr 19, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has come down hard on Chicago bench boss Joel Quenneville, fining him $10,000 for a series of critical comments made towards officials during Game 3 of the Blackhawks-Coyotes series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
He then blasted referees Stephen Walkom and Ian Walsh in his post-game presser.
“I saw exactly what happened,” Quenneville said. “How four guys missed it tonight, it was hard.
“The refereeing tonight was a disgrace.”
This isn’t the first time the Blackhawks coach has aggressively gone after officials. In December, he called the work of Ghislain Hebert and Tom Kowal “tough to watch” following a 2-0 loss to Los Angeles.
In 2009, unleashed this fury following a playoff game against Detroit, in which Matt Walker was given a controversial roughing penalty.
“I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there. Nothing play. They scored, it’s 3-0. They ruined a good hockey game and absolutely destroyed what was going on the ice…never seen anything like it.”
Those comments earned Quenneville a $10,000 fine as well.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)