Apr 19, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
The National Hockey League has come down hard on Chicago bench boss Joel Quenneville, fining him $10,000 for a series of critical comments made towards officials during Game 3 of the Blackhawks-Coyotes series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
He then blasted referees Stephen Walkom and Ian Walsh in his post-game presser.
“I saw exactly what happened,” Quenneville said. “How four guys missed it tonight, it was hard.
“The refereeing tonight was a disgrace.”
This isn’t the first time the Blackhawks coach has aggressively gone after officials. In December, he called the work of Ghislain Hebert and Tom Kowal “tough to watch” following a 2-0 loss to Los Angeles.
In 2009, unleashed this fury following a playoff game against Detroit, in which Matt Walker was given a controversial roughing penalty.
“I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there. Nothing play. They scored, it’s 3-0. They ruined a good hockey game and absolutely destroyed what was going on the ice…never seen anything like it.”
Those comments earned Quenneville a $10,000 fine as well.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)