Apr 19, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has come down hard on Chicago bench boss Joel Quenneville, fining him $10,000 for a series of critical comments made towards officials during Game 3 of the Blackhawks-Coyotes series.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
He then blasted referees Stephen Walkom and Ian Walsh in his post-game presser.
“I saw exactly what happened,” Quenneville said. “How four guys missed it tonight, it was hard.
“The refereeing tonight was a disgrace.”
This isn’t the first time the Blackhawks coach has aggressively gone after officials. In December, he called the work of Ghislain Hebert and Tom Kowal “tough to watch” following a 2-0 loss to Los Angeles.
In 2009, unleashed this fury following a playoff game against Detroit, in which Matt Walker was given a controversial roughing penalty.
“I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there. Nothing play. They scored, it’s 3-0. They ruined a good hockey game and absolutely destroyed what was going on the ice…never seen anything like it.”
Those comments earned Quenneville a $10,000 fine as well.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)