Apr 19, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
The Flyers might be without one of their key defenseman Friday in Pittsburgh. Nicklass Grossman missed practice today with what’s reportedly a concussion.
Personally I can’t tell for certain from the video. I’m leaning towards saying it was a shoulder to the head. However, it might’ve still been in violation of Rule 48 that outlaws hits “resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact.”
Good thing I’m not Brendan Shanahan.
Regardless of how the injury happened, Philadelphia will miss Grossmann if he’s out. The big blue-liner typically plays around 20 minutes per game in a shutdown role, and after the Flyers surrendered 10 goals yesterday, well, you do the math.
The club is saying Grossman is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38