Apr 19, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
The Flyers might be without one of their key defenseman Friday in Pittsburgh. Nicklass Grossman missed practice today with what’s reportedly a concussion.
Personally I can’t tell for certain from the video. I’m leaning towards saying it was a shoulder to the head. However, it might’ve still been in violation of Rule 48 that outlaws hits “resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact.”
Good thing I’m not Brendan Shanahan.
Regardless of how the injury happened, Philadelphia will miss Grossmann if he’s out. The big blue-liner typically plays around 20 minutes per game in a shutdown role, and after the Flyers surrendered 10 goals yesterday, well, you do the math.
The club is saying Grossman is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54