Apr 19, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
The Flyers might be without one of their key defenseman Friday in Pittsburgh. Nicklass Grossman missed practice today with what’s reportedly a concussion.
Personally I can’t tell for certain from the video. I’m leaning towards saying it was a shoulder to the head. However, it might’ve still been in violation of Rule 48 that outlaws hits “resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact.”
Good thing I’m not Brendan Shanahan.
Regardless of how the injury happened, Philadelphia will miss Grossmann if he’s out. The big blue-liner typically plays around 20 minutes per game in a shutdown role, and after the Flyers surrendered 10 goals yesterday, well, you do the math.
The club is saying Grossman is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5