Apr 19, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
The Flyers might be without one of their key defenseman Friday in Pittsburgh. Nicklass Grossman missed practice today with what’s reportedly a concussion.
Personally I can’t tell for certain from the video. I’m leaning towards saying it was a shoulder to the head. However, it might’ve still been in violation of Rule 48 that outlaws hits “resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact.”
Good thing I’m not Brendan Shanahan.
Regardless of how the injury happened, Philadelphia will miss Grossmann if he’s out. The big blue-liner typically plays around 20 minutes per game in a shutdown role, and after the Flyers surrendered 10 goals yesterday, well, you do the math.
The club is saying Grossman is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)