Apr 19, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
The Flyers might be without one of their key defenseman Friday in Pittsburgh. Nicklass Grossman missed practice today with what’s reportedly a concussion.
Personally I can’t tell for certain from the video. I’m leaning towards saying it was a shoulder to the head. However, it might’ve still been in violation of Rule 48 that outlaws hits “resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact.”
Good thing I’m not Brendan Shanahan.
Regardless of how the injury happened, Philadelphia will miss Grossmann if he’s out. The big blue-liner typically plays around 20 minutes per game in a shutdown role, and after the Flyers surrendered 10 goals yesterday, well, you do the math.
The club is saying Grossman is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)