Apr 19, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
Here’s what we know for sure: Ilya Bryzgalov left Philadelphia Flyers practice early today. The confusion begins when you ask “Why?” Howard Eskin recently reported that Bryzgalov is dealing with a hip injury, but Frank Seravalli passes along word from Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren that there’s “no truth” to those rumors.
If you’ve followed Flyers injury reports in general and during this season in particular, it’s tough to believe anything you read. Holmgren was initially optimistic about Chris Pronger‘s injury situation – which is amusing in hindsight since Pronger might not play another shift of NHL hockey. Then again, Holmgren was also positive about Bryzgalov returning from an injury late in the regular season … and he actually did.
It’s all a bit bewildering, but for now we’ll take the Flyers word for it. Bryzgalov might not have a hip issue, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t injured. Some Philly fans would say he’s playing like an injured netminder, anyway.
In other news from Eskin, James van Riemsdyk has been cleared to play while Nicklas Grossmann isn’t likely to be available for Game 4. Just like with Breezy, it sounds like we’ll just need to wait and see what happens on Friday.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 2
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 50
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (50)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)