Apr 19, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Once again, the two-time Vezina Trophy winning Tim Thomas was outplayed by a 22-year-old with all of 21 games of NHL experience going into this season. Braden Holtby was stunning from the start of this game until it’s final second in Washington’s 2-1 victory over Boston. He’s the reason this series is tied at 2-2.
Here’s a few notes:
- Holtby has stopped over 40 shots in two of his four playoff games.
- On the other end of the spectrum, Dennis Wideman hasn’t been that great for the Washington Capitals. As previously reported, he’s been on the ice for five of the Boston Bruins’ seven postseason goals. To his credit, he did block a couple shots.
- The Bruins are the only playoff team that’s still looking for their first power-play goal.
- It seems like Alex Ovechkin can never do enough to please people. Expectations are set high for him – and with good reason. Still, it’s worth pointing out that he has a solid four points in four games.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)