Apr 19, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
It hasn’t been pretty the whole time – this is just the second series* in which the first four games all went to overtime – but the Phoenix Coyotes are just one win away from their first series victory since they became the Phoenix Coyotes. (They were last victors as the Winnipeg Jets in 1987.)
The Chicago Blackhawks stormed back from a 2-0 deficit with yet another late goal to make it interesting, but the Coyotes could close this series out in Phoenix in Game 5 now that they have a 3-1 series lead thanks to a 3-2 OT win.
- Corey Crawford hasn’t been that bad, unless you just put together a montage of the OT goals he’s allowed. Has goaltending been the difference of this series?
- Speaking of differences, will Mikkel Boedker‘s name become a bad word in Chicago? He has two straight overtime game-winners.
- The only bummer for Phoenix is that they coughed up a late one-goal lead for the third time in third close-out opportunities. Should Dave Tippett re-consider that “hold your breath and hope nothing bad happens” strategy?
- Can the Blackhawks come back in this series like they’ve come back in games?
* – The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens went to overtime in all five games of their 1951 Stanley Cup finals series.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)