Apr 19, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
It hasn’t been pretty the whole time – this is just the second series* in which the first four games all went to overtime – but the Phoenix Coyotes are just one win away from their first series victory since they became the Phoenix Coyotes. (They were last victors as the Winnipeg Jets in 1987.)
The Chicago Blackhawks stormed back from a 2-0 deficit with yet another late goal to make it interesting, but the Coyotes could close this series out in Phoenix in Game 5 now that they have a 3-1 series lead thanks to a 3-2 OT win.
- Corey Crawford hasn’t been that bad, unless you just put together a montage of the OT goals he’s allowed. Has goaltending been the difference of this series?
- Speaking of differences, will Mikkel Boedker‘s name become a bad word in Chicago? He has two straight overtime game-winners.
- The only bummer for Phoenix is that they coughed up a late one-goal lead for the third time in third close-out opportunities. Should Dave Tippett re-consider that “hold your breath and hope nothing bad happens” strategy?
- Can the Blackhawks come back in this series like they’ve come back in games?
* – The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens went to overtime in all five games of their 1951 Stanley Cup finals series.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)