Apr 19, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
It hasn’t been pretty the whole time – this is just the second series* in which the first four games all went to overtime – but the Phoenix Coyotes are just one win away from their first series victory since they became the Phoenix Coyotes. (They were last victors as the Winnipeg Jets in 1987.)
The Chicago Blackhawks stormed back from a 2-0 deficit with yet another late goal to make it interesting, but the Coyotes could close this series out in Phoenix in Game 5 now that they have a 3-1 series lead thanks to a 3-2 OT win.
- Corey Crawford hasn’t been that bad, unless you just put together a montage of the OT goals he’s allowed. Has goaltending been the difference of this series?
- Speaking of differences, will Mikkel Boedker‘s name become a bad word in Chicago? He has two straight overtime game-winners.
- The only bummer for Phoenix is that they coughed up a late one-goal lead for the third time in third close-out opportunities. Should Dave Tippett re-consider that “hold your breath and hope nothing bad happens” strategy?
- Can the Blackhawks come back in this series like they’ve come back in games?
* – The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens went to overtime in all five games of their 1951 Stanley Cup finals series.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)