Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
It’s starting to feel like the Florida Panthers and New Jersey Devils might be in for an unlikely seven game showdown in the first round. Game 4 may just rank as the first time that things went as expected, though: the Devils took a 1-0 lead into the third period and then bolstered it to a 4-0 win to tie the series at 2-2.
As always, you’re welcome to develop your own stump speeches, but here are a few bullet points to whet your whistle.
- Martin Brodeur might not be in his prime anymore, but he still seems like a great bounce-back goalie. After getting pulled in Game 3, Brody set a new playoff record with his 24th shutout.
- While the Devils can feel better about their netminding situation, the Panthers must feel unsettled. Scott Clemmensen unraveled a bit in the third. Should Florida switch back to Jose Theodore or stick with Clemmensen?
- Is this a sign that the Devils are ready to assert their seemingly considerable talent/on-paper edge on the Panthers or is this series likely to be a seesaw matchup? Who do you think will take it?
- The Panthers played without late-scratch Jason Garrison and Keaton Ellerby was injured during the contest. Could depth be an issue for Florida?
- New Jersey stars Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise scored. If they get going, could the Devils regain their dark horse potential?
- All eyes on Lundqvist 5
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)