Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 PM EST
It’s starting to feel like the Florida Panthers and New Jersey Devils might be in for an unlikely seven game showdown in the first round. Game 4 may just rank as the first time that things went as expected, though: the Devils took a 1-0 lead into the third period and then bolstered it to a 4-0 win to tie the series at 2-2.
As always, you’re welcome to develop your own stump speeches, but here are a few bullet points to whet your whistle.
- Martin Brodeur might not be in his prime anymore, but he still seems like a great bounce-back goalie. After getting pulled in Game 3, Brody set a new playoff record with his 24th shutout.
- While the Devils can feel better about their netminding situation, the Panthers must feel unsettled. Scott Clemmensen unraveled a bit in the third. Should Florida switch back to Jose Theodore or stick with Clemmensen?
- Is this a sign that the Devils are ready to assert their seemingly considerable talent/on-paper edge on the Panthers or is this series likely to be a seesaw matchup? Who do you think will take it?
- The Panthers played without late-scratch Jason Garrison and Keaton Ellerby was injured during the contest. Could depth be an issue for Florida?
- New Jersey stars Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise scored. If they get going, could the Devils regain their dark horse potential?
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)