Apr 19, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
The Presidents’ Trophy winners aren’t done yet. Thanks to some brilliant goaltending and the return of their top sniper, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Kings, 3-1, tonight at the Staples Center. Los Angeles now leads the series, 3-1, with Game 5 set for Rogers Arena Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—- Cory Schneider stopped 43 of 44 Kings shots, including a third-period penalty shot by Dustin Brown. Moments after Schneider stoned Brown, Henrik Sedin scored and Vancouver went up 3-1. Safe to say Roberto Luongo will remain on the bench Sunday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- The twins looked like their old selves tonight, especially late in the game. They kept possession in the attacking zone, made some pretty passes, and created scoring chances.
—- Given all the above, we’ll have to see how the Kings maintain their composure going forward. Remember, guys like Brown, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Quick have never won a playoff series. If they lose Game 5, it could be panic time.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6