Apr 19, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
The Presidents’ Trophy winners aren’t done yet. Thanks to some brilliant goaltending and the return of their top sniper, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Kings, 3-1, tonight at the Staples Center. Los Angeles now leads the series, 3-1, with Game 5 set for Rogers Arena Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—- Cory Schneider stopped 43 of 44 Kings shots, including a third-period penalty shot by Dustin Brown. Moments after Schneider stoned Brown, Henrik Sedin scored and Vancouver went up 3-1. Safe to say Roberto Luongo will remain on the bench Sunday.
—- The twins looked like their old selves tonight, especially late in the game. They kept possession in the attacking zone, made some pretty passes, and created scoring chances.
—- Given all the above, we’ll have to see how the Kings maintain their composure going forward. Remember, guys like Brown, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Quick have never won a playoff series. If they lose Game 5, it could be panic time.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 0
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona