Apr 19, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
The Presidents’ Trophy winners aren’t done yet. Thanks to some brilliant goaltending and the return of their top sniper, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Kings, 3-1, tonight at the Staples Center. Los Angeles now leads the series, 3-1, with Game 5 set for Rogers Arena Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—- Cory Schneider stopped 43 of 44 Kings shots, including a third-period penalty shot by Dustin Brown. Moments after Schneider stoned Brown, Henrik Sedin scored and Vancouver went up 3-1. Safe to say Roberto Luongo will remain on the bench Sunday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- The twins looked like their old selves tonight, especially late in the game. They kept possession in the attacking zone, made some pretty passes, and created scoring chances.
—- Given all the above, we’ll have to see how the Kings maintain their composure going forward. Remember, guys like Brown, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Quick have never won a playoff series. If they lose Game 5, it could be panic time.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 0
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 13
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)