Apr 19, 2012, 1:09 AM EST
The Presidents’ Trophy winners aren’t done yet. Thanks to some brilliant goaltending and the return of their top sniper, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Kings, 3-1, tonight at the Staples Center. Los Angeles now leads the series, 3-1, with Game 5 set for Rogers Arena Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—- Cory Schneider stopped 43 of 44 Kings shots, including a third-period penalty shot by Dustin Brown. Moments after Schneider stoned Brown, Henrik Sedin scored and Vancouver went up 3-1. Safe to say Roberto Luongo will remain on the bench Sunday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- The twins looked like their old selves tonight, especially late in the game. They kept possession in the attacking zone, made some pretty passes, and created scoring chances.
—- Given all the above, we’ll have to see how the Kings maintain their composure going forward. Remember, guys like Brown, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Quick have never won a playoff series. If they lose Game 5, it could be panic time.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2