Apr 19, 2012, 1:09 AM EST
The Presidents’ Trophy winners aren’t done yet. Thanks to some brilliant goaltending and the return of their top sniper, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Kings, 3-1, tonight at the Staples Center. Los Angeles now leads the series, 3-1, with Game 5 set for Rogers Arena Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—- Cory Schneider stopped 43 of 44 Kings shots, including a third-period penalty shot by Dustin Brown. Moments after Schneider stoned Brown, Henrik Sedin scored and Vancouver went up 3-1. Safe to say Roberto Luongo will remain on the bench Sunday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
—- The twins looked like their old selves tonight, especially late in the game. They kept possession in the attacking zone, made some pretty passes, and created scoring chances.
—- Given all the above, we’ll have to see how the Kings maintain their composure going forward. Remember, guys like Brown, Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Quick have never won a playoff series. If they lose Game 5, it could be panic time.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 29
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)