Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
As expected, John Erskine will be inserted in the lineup for the Washington Capitals tonight.
Most likely because he’s done this before:
Yesterday, Caps coach Dale Hunter told reporters that the big, tough defenseman could be used to limit the Bruins from taking liberties with Washington’s skill players.
“After the whistles and before the puck was dropped they were going after us. Lucic was going after [Nicklas Backstrom’s head], but we’ve got to play through it and protect the players on the ice,” said Hunter, as per CSNNE.com. “Right now, you know, we’ve matched them up. Erskine is healthy again and he’s a big, strong guy in front of the net. He takes the body and he’s an honest player.”
Today, Mike Green said essentially the same thing about Erskine: “He brings a sense of humbleness to the other team. And that’s what we need.”
The Capitals desperately need a win to avoid heading back to Boston trailing the series 3-1.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5