Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
As expected, John Erskine will be inserted in the lineup for the Washington Capitals tonight.
Most likely because he’s done this before:
Yesterday, Caps coach Dale Hunter told reporters that the big, tough defenseman could be used to limit the Bruins from taking liberties with Washington’s skill players.
“After the whistles and before the puck was dropped they were going after us. Lucic was going after [Nicklas Backstrom’s head], but we’ve got to play through it and protect the players on the ice,” said Hunter, as per CSNNE.com. “Right now, you know, we’ve matched them up. Erskine is healthy again and he’s a big, strong guy in front of the net. He takes the body and he’s an honest player.”
Today, Mike Green said essentially the same thing about Erskine: “He brings a sense of humbleness to the other team. And that’s what we need.”
The Capitals desperately need a win to avoid heading back to Boston trailing the series 3-1.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)