Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
As expected, John Erskine will be inserted in the lineup for the Washington Capitals tonight.
Most likely because he’s done this before:
Yesterday, Caps coach Dale Hunter told reporters that the big, tough defenseman could be used to limit the Bruins from taking liberties with Washington’s skill players.
“After the whistles and before the puck was dropped they were going after us. Lucic was going after [Nicklas Backstrom’s head], but we’ve got to play through it and protect the players on the ice,” said Hunter, as per CSNNE.com. “Right now, you know, we’ve matched them up. Erskine is healthy again and he’s a big, strong guy in front of the net. He takes the body and he’s an honest player.”
Today, Mike Green said essentially the same thing about Erskine: “He brings a sense of humbleness to the other team. And that’s what we need.”
The Capitals desperately need a win to avoid heading back to Boston trailing the series 3-1.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)