Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
As expected, John Erskine will be inserted in the lineup for the Washington Capitals tonight.
Most likely because he’s done this before:
Yesterday, Caps coach Dale Hunter told reporters that the big, tough defenseman could be used to limit the Bruins from taking liberties with Washington’s skill players.
“After the whistles and before the puck was dropped they were going after us. Lucic was going after [Nicklas Backstrom’s head], but we’ve got to play through it and protect the players on the ice,” said Hunter, as per CSNNE.com. “Right now, you know, we’ve matched them up. Erskine is healthy again and he’s a big, strong guy in front of the net. He takes the body and he’s an honest player.”
Today, Mike Green said essentially the same thing about Erskine: “He brings a sense of humbleness to the other team. And that’s what we need.”
The Capitals desperately need a win to avoid heading back to Boston trailing the series 3-1.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)