Apr 19, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
As expected, John Erskine will be inserted in the lineup for the Washington Capitals tonight.
Most likely because he’s done this before:
Yesterday, Caps coach Dale Hunter told reporters that the big, tough defenseman could be used to limit the Bruins from taking liberties with Washington’s skill players.
“After the whistles and before the puck was dropped they were going after us. Lucic was going after [Nicklas Backstrom’s head], but we’ve got to play through it and protect the players on the ice,” said Hunter, as per CSNNE.com. “Right now, you know, we’ve matched them up. Erskine is healthy again and he’s a big, strong guy in front of the net. He takes the body and he’s an honest player.”
Today, Mike Green said essentially the same thing about Erskine: “He brings a sense of humbleness to the other team. And that’s what we need.”
The Capitals desperately need a win to avoid heading back to Boston trailing the series 3-1.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)