Apr 19, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
Not sure what to make of this yet, but Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov left practice after 10 minutes and, you guessed it, out onto the ice came Michael Leighton.
Leighton, 30, spent the entire season in the AHL with Adirondack, where he appeared in 56 games (.918 SV%). His last NHL game was Dec. 30, 2010.
It’s likely Bryzgalov is battling some form of injury (though given what happened last night, we suppose there’s an outside chance he got pulled from practice for giving up too many goals.)
More to come.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29