Apr 19, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Not sure what to make of this yet, but Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov left practice after 10 minutes and, you guessed it, out onto the ice came Michael Leighton.
Leighton, 30, spent the entire season in the AHL with Adirondack, where he appeared in 56 games (.918 SV%). His last NHL game was Dec. 30, 2010.
It’s likely Bryzgalov is battling some form of injury (though given what happened last night, we suppose there’s an outside chance he got pulled from practice for giving up too many goals.)
More to come.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)