Apr 19, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
Not sure what to make of this yet, but Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov left practice after 10 minutes and, you guessed it, out onto the ice came Michael Leighton.
Leighton, 30, spent the entire season in the AHL with Adirondack, where he appeared in 56 games (.918 SV%). His last NHL game was Dec. 30, 2010.
It’s likely Bryzgalov is battling some form of injury (though given what happened last night, we suppose there’s an outside chance he got pulled from practice for giving up too many goals.)
More to come.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (130)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)