Apr 19, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
From Adam Jahns, here’s the back page of today’s Chicago Sun-Times:
Torres, of course, annihilated Chicago forward Marian Hossa during Tuesday’s Game 3, which the Coyotes went on to win 3-2 in overtime.
Hossa has been ruled out of Game 4, but the ‘Hawks aren’t offering much else in the way of a status update.
“There’s no change,” Quenneville said. “I spoke to him [Wednesday]. He’s probably felt the same way the past few days.”
Quenneville also wouldn’t forecast Hossa’s availability. Right now, he’s at home resting after being hospitalized after getting hit in the head by Raffi Torres in the first period of Game 3.
“I’m not going to go out any further than where we’re at today,” Quenneville said.
The Hawks, though, have said it’s been good to communicate with Hossa since seeing him carried off on a stretcher and hospitalized after the hit.
“He’s texting all the boys back, so he’s pretty busy with his phone now,” Jonathan Toews said. “I don’t want to keep him too busy. You want him to rest and relax. But by the sound of it, he’s getting better as the day goes on.”
Torres won’t play tonight as he’s suspended indefinitely pending Friday’s hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. Rookie Brandon Saad will draw in for Hossa, while Marc-Antoine Pouliot will replace Torres in the Coyotes lineup.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)