Apr 19, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
From Adam Jahns, here’s the back page of today’s Chicago Sun-Times:
Torres, of course, annihilated Chicago forward Marian Hossa during Tuesday’s Game 3, which the Coyotes went on to win 3-2 in overtime.
Hossa has been ruled out of Game 4, but the ‘Hawks aren’t offering much else in the way of a status update.
“There’s no change,” Quenneville said. “I spoke to him [Wednesday]. He’s probably felt the same way the past few days.”
Quenneville also wouldn’t forecast Hossa’s availability. Right now, he’s at home resting after being hospitalized after getting hit in the head by Raffi Torres in the first period of Game 3.
“I’m not going to go out any further than where we’re at today,” Quenneville said.
The Hawks, though, have said it’s been good to communicate with Hossa since seeing him carried off on a stretcher and hospitalized after the hit.
“He’s texting all the boys back, so he’s pretty busy with his phone now,” Jonathan Toews said. “I don’t want to keep him too busy. You want him to rest and relax. But by the sound of it, he’s getting better as the day goes on.”
Torres won’t play tonight as he’s suspended indefinitely pending Friday’s hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. Rookie Brandon Saad will draw in for Hossa, while Marc-Antoine Pouliot will replace Torres in the Coyotes lineup.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)