Apr 18, 2012, 12:53 AM EDT
Aside from the camera shots of him staring out into the ice during the game, there wasn’t much of a sign of how Raffi Torres felt about his controversial hit on Marian Hossa. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has some bad P.R. skins on the wall, so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising that his comments were pretty predictable.
Chris Kuc transcribed his thoughts:
“I felt like it was a hockey play, just trying to finish my hit out there,” Torres said.
Torres’ stated goal wasn’t to a) make friends, b) endear himself to Chicago residents or c) avoid any heat from the NHL, so he shouldn’t be disappointed.
So what should the league do about Torres and his “hit-finishing” ways?
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)