Apr 18, 2012, 12:53 AM EDT
Aside from the camera shots of him staring out into the ice during the game, there wasn’t much of a sign of how Raffi Torres felt about his controversial hit on Marian Hossa. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has some bad P.R. skins on the wall, so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising that his comments were pretty predictable.
Chris Kuc transcribed his thoughts:
“I felt like it was a hockey play, just trying to finish my hit out there,” Torres said.
Torres’ stated goal wasn’t to a) make friends, b) endear himself to Chicago residents or c) avoid any heat from the NHL, so he shouldn’t be disappointed.
So what should the league do about Torres and his “hit-finishing” ways?
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)