Apr 18, 2012, 12:53 AM EDT
Aside from the camera shots of him staring out into the ice during the game, there wasn’t much of a sign of how Raffi Torres felt about his controversial hit on Marian Hossa. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has some bad P.R. skins on the wall, so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising that his comments were pretty predictable.
Chris Kuc transcribed his thoughts:
“I felt like it was a hockey play, just trying to finish my hit out there,” Torres said.
Torres’ stated goal wasn’t to a) make friends, b) endear himself to Chicago residents or c) avoid any heat from the NHL, so he shouldn’t be disappointed.
So what should the league do about Torres and his “hit-finishing” ways?
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)