Apr 18, 2012, 12:53 AM EDT
Aside from the camera shots of him staring out into the ice during the game, there wasn’t much of a sign of how Raffi Torres felt about his controversial hit on Marian Hossa. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has some bad P.R. skins on the wall, so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising that his comments were pretty predictable.
Chris Kuc transcribed his thoughts:
“I felt like it was a hockey play, just trying to finish my hit out there,” Torres said.
Torres’ stated goal wasn’t to a) make friends, b) endear himself to Chicago residents or c) avoid any heat from the NHL, so he shouldn’t be disappointed.
So what should the league do about Torres and his “hit-finishing” ways?
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)