Apr 18, 2012, 12:53 AM EDT
Aside from the camera shots of him staring out into the ice during the game, there wasn’t much of a sign of how Raffi Torres felt about his controversial hit on Marian Hossa. The Phoenix Coyotes forward has some bad P.R. skins on the wall, so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising that his comments were pretty predictable.
Chris Kuc transcribed his thoughts:
“I felt like it was a hockey play, just trying to finish my hit out there,” Torres said.
Torres’ stated goal wasn’t to a) make friends, b) endear himself to Chicago residents or c) avoid any heat from the NHL, so he shouldn’t be disappointed.
So what should the league do about Torres and his “hit-finishing” ways?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)