Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson, who suffered a concussion on Saturday when he was elbowed by Carl Hagelin, hasn’t skated since Monday. So it should come as no surprise that he won’t be part of the Ottawa Senators’ lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday.
Hagelin was handed a three-game suspension for his actions.
Without Alfredsson, the Senators were unable to beat Henrik Lundqvist in Game 3 and ended up suffering a 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers.
There’s no telling when Alfredsson will be back, but if the Senators aren’t able to get by without him on Wednesday, then they will find themselves one contest away from elimination.
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 0
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 11
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13