Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson, who suffered a concussion on Saturday when he was elbowed by Carl Hagelin, hasn’t skated since Monday. So it should come as no surprise that he won’t be part of the Ottawa Senators’ lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday.
Hagelin was handed a three-game suspension for his actions.
Without Alfredsson, the Senators were unable to beat Henrik Lundqvist in Game 3 and ended up suffering a 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers.
There’s no telling when Alfredsson will be back, but if the Senators aren’t able to get by without him on Wednesday, then they will find themselves one contest away from elimination.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)