Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson, who suffered a concussion on Saturday when he was elbowed by Carl Hagelin, hasn’t skated since Monday. So it should come as no surprise that he won’t be part of the Ottawa Senators’ lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday.
Hagelin was handed a three-game suspension for his actions.
Without Alfredsson, the Senators were unable to beat Henrik Lundqvist in Game 3 and ended up suffering a 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers.
There’s no telling when Alfredsson will be back, but if the Senators aren’t able to get by without him on Wednesday, then they will find themselves one contest away from elimination.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)