Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson, who suffered a concussion on Saturday when he was elbowed by Carl Hagelin, hasn’t skated since Monday. So it should come as no surprise that he won’t be part of the Ottawa Senators’ lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday.
Hagelin was handed a three-game suspension for his actions.
Without Alfredsson, the Senators were unable to beat Henrik Lundqvist in Game 3 and ended up suffering a 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers.
There’s no telling when Alfredsson will be back, but if the Senators aren’t able to get by without him on Wednesday, then they will find themselves one contest away from elimination.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34