Apr 18, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Daniel Alfredsson, who suffered a concussion on Saturday when he was elbowed by Carl Hagelin, hasn’t skated since Monday. So it should come as no surprise that he won’t be part of the Ottawa Senators’ lineup for Game 4 on Wednesday.
Hagelin was handed a three-game suspension for his actions.
Without Alfredsson, the Senators were unable to beat Henrik Lundqvist in Game 3 and ended up suffering a 1-0 loss to the New York Rangers.
There’s no telling when Alfredsson will be back, but if the Senators aren’t able to get by without him on Wednesday, then they will find themselves one contest away from elimination.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11