Apr 18, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
During the regular season, the Ottawa Senators were a team that, for the most part, had a few go to guys when it came to putting pucks in the back of the net. Milan Michalek, Jason Spezza, and Daniel Alfredsson (who is currently out with a concussion) accounted for 96 of the team’s 249 regular season goals.
The Ottawa Senators have looked like a different team in the playoffs.
Finding ways to beat New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has been a constant struggle, but when they do score, it has always been from a different source. That’s right: In four games, Ottawa has scored eight goals curtesy of eight different players.
Strangely enough, Jason Spezza isn’t one of the team’s scorers despite recording nine shots on goal.
For a team that doesn’t have a ton of top-end talent, especially with Alfredsson sidelined, the secondary scoring has been vital. It’s one of the main reasons their first round series is tied at 2-2 after their 3-2 victory on Wednesday.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 8
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 53
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control