Apr 18, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan just got more cause to suspend Raffi Torres for last night’s hit on Marian Hossa – Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Hossa won’t play tomorrow when Chicago and Phoenix resume their series.
Since injury is taken into consideration when it comes to imposing supplementary discipline, we can expect a stiffer suspension for Torres than if Hossa had been able to participate in Game 4.
Of course, we shouldn’t ignore what might be the most important part of this news, that being Chicago will be without one of its best players in a huge game. If the Blackhawks lose tomorrow and fall behind 3-1 in the series, they’re in serious trouble.
“They lose [Torres] and take out one of our best players,” said Chicago captain Jonathan Toews. “That’s a pretty good trade for them.”
Quenneville said Hossa is resting at home and that “we’re all angry today,” the latter for obvious reasons.
He also said there’s a “good chance” rookie Brandon Saad will draw into the lineup.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5