Apr 18, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan just got more cause to suspend Raffi Torres for last night’s hit on Marian Hossa – Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Hossa won’t play tomorrow when Chicago and Phoenix resume their series.
Since injury is taken into consideration when it comes to imposing supplementary discipline, we can expect a stiffer suspension for Torres than if Hossa had been able to participate in Game 4.
Of course, we shouldn’t ignore what might be the most important part of this news, that being Chicago will be without one of its best players in a huge game. If the Blackhawks lose tomorrow and fall behind 3-1 in the series, they’re in serious trouble.
“They lose [Torres] and take out one of our best players,” said Chicago captain Jonathan Toews. “That’s a pretty good trade for them.”
Quenneville said Hossa is resting at home and that “we’re all angry today,” the latter for obvious reasons.
He also said there’s a “good chance” rookie Brandon Saad will draw into the lineup.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)