Apr 18, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan just got more cause to suspend Raffi Torres for last night’s hit on Marian Hossa – Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Hossa won’t play tomorrow when Chicago and Phoenix resume their series.
Since injury is taken into consideration when it comes to imposing supplementary discipline, we can expect a stiffer suspension for Torres than if Hossa had been able to participate in Game 4.
Of course, we shouldn’t ignore what might be the most important part of this news, that being Chicago will be without one of its best players in a huge game. If the Blackhawks lose tomorrow and fall behind 3-1 in the series, they’re in serious trouble.
“They lose [Torres] and take out one of our best players,” said Chicago captain Jonathan Toews. “That’s a pretty good trade for them.”
Quenneville said Hossa is resting at home and that “we’re all angry today,” the latter for obvious reasons.
He also said there’s a “good chance” rookie Brandon Saad will draw into the lineup.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53