Apr 18, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan just got more cause to suspend Raffi Torres for last night’s hit on Marian Hossa – Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Hossa won’t play tomorrow when Chicago and Phoenix resume their series.
Since injury is taken into consideration when it comes to imposing supplementary discipline, we can expect a stiffer suspension for Torres than if Hossa had been able to participate in Game 4.
Of course, we shouldn’t ignore what might be the most important part of this news, that being Chicago will be without one of its best players in a huge game. If the Blackhawks lose tomorrow and fall behind 3-1 in the series, they’re in serious trouble.
“They lose [Torres] and take out one of our best players,” said Chicago captain Jonathan Toews. “That’s a pretty good trade for them.”
Quenneville said Hossa is resting at home and that “we’re all angry today,” the latter for obvious reasons.
He also said there’s a “good chance” rookie Brandon Saad will draw into the lineup.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)