Apr 18, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan just got more cause to suspend Raffi Torres for last night’s hit on Marian Hossa – Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Hossa won’t play tomorrow when Chicago and Phoenix resume their series.
Since injury is taken into consideration when it comes to imposing supplementary discipline, we can expect a stiffer suspension for Torres than if Hossa had been able to participate in Game 4.
Of course, we shouldn’t ignore what might be the most important part of this news, that being Chicago will be without one of its best players in a huge game. If the Blackhawks lose tomorrow and fall behind 3-1 in the series, they’re in serious trouble.
“They lose [Torres] and take out one of our best players,” said Chicago captain Jonathan Toews. “That’s a pretty good trade for them.”
Quenneville said Hossa is resting at home and that “we’re all angry today,” the latter for obvious reasons.
He also said there’s a “good chance” rookie Brandon Saad will draw into the lineup.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)