Apr 18, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
Game 4 between the Penguins and Flyers will drop the puck tonight, but people are still buzzing about how Sidney Crosby carried himself during the Pittsburgh’s 8-4 loss. One of those people is none other than Jaromir Jagr.
Jagr writes in his blog for Czech website, iSport, that even he’s surprised by some of the things Crosby did in an effort to stand up for his team. While Jagr plays it cool, he says that he wouldn’t have acted out the way Crosby did if he was in his shoes.
There is a lot of talk now about Sidney Crosby and what he’s been doing on the ice. Some give it a lot of thought, others less. And I am a guy who does not care at all, I take no notice. He does harm only to himself. But every man is different, perhaps this helps him get into the game and play better.
But I don’t want to add any more comments; I really take no notice of it. In fact, when on the ice, I hardly know something like this is going on. I really want to focus on my game, to be as useful as possible to my team.
Focusing on your own team is always the best way to do things, but you could argue that’s exactly what Crosby was trying to do in his own Flyer-irritating way.
As for Jagr, one more Flyers victory sees him vanquish his first team from the playoffs finishing off what would be a heartbreaking year for the Penguins, one that started with their courtship of Jagr only to see him knock the Pens out while playing for their most hated rival.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 4
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 12
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 25
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)