Apr 18, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
Game 4 between the Penguins and Flyers will drop the puck tonight, but people are still buzzing about how Sidney Crosby carried himself during the Pittsburgh’s 8-4 loss. One of those people is none other than Jaromir Jagr.
Jagr writes in his blog for Czech website, iSport, that even he’s surprised by some of the things Crosby did in an effort to stand up for his team. While Jagr plays it cool, he says that he wouldn’t have acted out the way Crosby did if he was in his shoes.
There is a lot of talk now about Sidney Crosby and what he’s been doing on the ice. Some give it a lot of thought, others less. And I am a guy who does not care at all, I take no notice. He does harm only to himself. But every man is different, perhaps this helps him get into the game and play better.
But I don’t want to add any more comments; I really take no notice of it. In fact, when on the ice, I hardly know something like this is going on. I really want to focus on my game, to be as useful as possible to my team.
Focusing on your own team is always the best way to do things, but you could argue that’s exactly what Crosby was trying to do in his own Flyer-irritating way.
As for Jagr, one more Flyers victory sees him vanquish his first team from the playoffs finishing off what would be a heartbreaking year for the Penguins, one that started with their courtship of Jagr only to see him knock the Pens out while playing for their most hated rival.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)