Apr 18, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Game 4 between the Penguins and Flyers will drop the puck tonight, but people are still buzzing about how Sidney Crosby carried himself during the Pittsburgh’s 8-4 loss. One of those people is none other than Jaromir Jagr.
Jagr writes in his blog for Czech website, iSport, that even he’s surprised by some of the things Crosby did in an effort to stand up for his team. While Jagr plays it cool, he says that he wouldn’t have acted out the way Crosby did if he was in his shoes.
There is a lot of talk now about Sidney Crosby and what he’s been doing on the ice. Some give it a lot of thought, others less. And I am a guy who does not care at all, I take no notice. He does harm only to himself. But every man is different, perhaps this helps him get into the game and play better.
But I don’t want to add any more comments; I really take no notice of it. In fact, when on the ice, I hardly know something like this is going on. I really want to focus on my game, to be as useful as possible to my team.
Focusing on your own team is always the best way to do things, but you could argue that’s exactly what Crosby was trying to do in his own Flyer-irritating way.
As for Jagr, one more Flyers victory sees him vanquish his first team from the playoffs finishing off what would be a heartbreaking year for the Penguins, one that started with their courtship of Jagr only to see him knock the Pens out while playing for their most hated rival.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)