Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
Grossmann is a great defensive defenseman and while the concept of preventing goals might seem lost on the Pittsburgh Penguins and Flyers lately, his absence will be felt if this turns out to be a long-term issue.
He logged over 20 minutes in each of the Flyers first three contests, but was limited to just 8:54 minutes in Game 4.
Grossmann is one of the blueliners the Flyers acquired in February to help bolster their defense as they geared up for the playoffs. Philadelphia sent a 2012 second round and a 2013 third round draft pick to the Dallas Stars to complete the deal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)