Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
Grossmann is a great defensive defenseman and while the concept of preventing goals might seem lost on the Pittsburgh Penguins and Flyers lately, his absence will be felt if this turns out to be a long-term issue.
He logged over 20 minutes in each of the Flyers first three contests, but was limited to just 8:54 minutes in Game 4.
Grossmann is one of the blueliners the Flyers acquired in February to help bolster their defense as they geared up for the playoffs. Philadelphia sent a 2012 second round and a 2013 third round draft pick to the Dallas Stars to complete the deal.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)