Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
Grossmann is a great defensive defenseman and while the concept of preventing goals might seem lost on the Pittsburgh Penguins and Flyers lately, his absence will be felt if this turns out to be a long-term issue.
He logged over 20 minutes in each of the Flyers first three contests, but was limited to just 8:54 minutes in Game 4.
Grossmann is one of the blueliners the Flyers acquired in February to help bolster their defense as they geared up for the playoffs. Philadelphia sent a 2012 second round and a 2013 third round draft pick to the Dallas Stars to complete the deal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40