Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM EDT
Grossmann is a great defensive defenseman and while the concept of preventing goals might seem lost on the Pittsburgh Penguins and Flyers lately, his absence will be felt if this turns out to be a long-term issue.
He logged over 20 minutes in each of the Flyers first three contests, but was limited to just 8:54 minutes in Game 4.
Grossmann is one of the blueliners the Flyers acquired in February to help bolster their defense as they geared up for the playoffs. Philadelphia sent a 2012 second round and a 2013 third round draft pick to the Dallas Stars to complete the deal.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)