Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM EST
Grossmann is a great defensive defenseman and while the concept of preventing goals might seem lost on the Pittsburgh Penguins and Flyers lately, his absence will be felt if this turns out to be a long-term issue.
He logged over 20 minutes in each of the Flyers first three contests, but was limited to just 8:54 minutes in Game 4.
Grossmann is one of the blueliners the Flyers acquired in February to help bolster their defense as they geared up for the playoffs. Philadelphia sent a 2012 second round and a 2013 third round draft pick to the Dallas Stars to complete the deal.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 2
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 7
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 50
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 74
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)