Apr 18, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Perhaps allowing 20 goals in 10 periods messed with Marc-Andre Fleury‘s head. Yet after “shutting out” the Philadelphia Flyers for the remaining two periods and getting a much-needed 10-3 win for the Pittsburgh Penguins, it seems that “MAF” still has a sense of whimsy. Dave Molinari got this gem from Fleury after what might have been a confidence-boosting conclusion.
“It felt good to not give up 26 goals in one period,” Fleury said.
Now that would be a record.
In all seriousness, though, “The Flower” can be streaky at times. You may remember that people were briefly calling for his head early in the 2010-11 season when he was struggling mightily, only to roll out the plaudits when he helped Pittsburgh power its way to a playoff bid despite losing Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
With all that in mind, do you think Fleury could turn things around? Is it something that the Flyers should be concerned about?
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)