Apr 18, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Perhaps allowing 20 goals in 10 periods messed with Marc-Andre Fleury‘s head. Yet after “shutting out” the Philadelphia Flyers for the remaining two periods and getting a much-needed 10-3 win for the Pittsburgh Penguins, it seems that “MAF” still has a sense of whimsy. Dave Molinari got this gem from Fleury after what might have been a confidence-boosting conclusion.
“It felt good to not give up 26 goals in one period,” Fleury said.
Now that would be a record.
In all seriousness, though, “The Flower” can be streaky at times. You may remember that people were briefly calling for his head early in the 2010-11 season when he was struggling mightily, only to roll out the plaudits when he helped Pittsburgh power its way to a playoff bid despite losing Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
With all that in mind, do you think Fleury could turn things around? Is it something that the Flyers should be concerned about?
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)