Apr 18, 2012, 8:57 PM EST
Don Cherry, the man who recently attacked reporters for not liking “the fights and the banging around” in the playoffs, took exception to Raffi Torres‘ hit on Marian Hossa. If you’re not familiar with the incident, you can view it for yourself below:
Cherry doesn’t think Hossa deserved that and thinks Torres should receive a 10-game suspension as punishment. Torres has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing on Friday. The fact that his hearing has been pushed back means that he’ll miss at least one contest.
Andy McDonald also recently suggested that tougher suspensions might lead to changes and the stage certainly seems to be set for a significant ruling.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5