Apr 18, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
Don Cherry, the man who recently attacked reporters for not liking “the fights and the banging around” in the playoffs, took exception to Raffi Torres‘ hit on Marian Hossa. If you’re not familiar with the incident, you can view it for yourself below:
Cherry doesn’t think Hossa deserved that and thinks Torres should receive a 10-game suspension as punishment. Torres has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing on Friday. The fact that his hearing has been pushed back means that he’ll miss at least one contest.
Andy McDonald also recently suggested that tougher suspensions might lead to changes and the stage certainly seems to be set for a significant ruling.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40