Apr 18, 2012, 10:41 PM EDT
Even without Daniel Alfredsson and down 2-0 early in the first period, the Ottawa Senators wouldn’t give up. They battled back and eventually won the game 3-2 in overtime. The series is now tied at 2-2 and while the New York Rangers still have the home ice advantage, Ottawa has already exceeded many analysts expectations.
Can they actually overcome the top seeded New York Rangers or are they just giving us a good show before their eventual fall?
Here’s a few notes that might interest you:
- Ottawa’s Jesse Winchester suffered an upper body injury and was limited to 5:44 minutes of ice time as a result.
- The Senators had 34 attempted shots in the first period, but only 12 were actual shots on goal and none of them found the back of the net.
- Ottawa got a scare late in the second period when Jason Spezza briefly left the game after being hit in the head (Spezza was hunched over prior to the hit, so his head was around waist level). Fortunately for Ottawa, he returned for the third period.
- The New York Rangers haven’t won an overtime game since April 29, 2007.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)