Apr 18, 2012, 10:41 PM EST
Even without Daniel Alfredsson and down 2-0 early in the first period, the Ottawa Senators wouldn’t give up. They battled back and eventually won the game 3-2 in overtime. The series is now tied at 2-2 and while the New York Rangers still have the home ice advantage, Ottawa has already exceeded many analysts expectations.
Can they actually overcome the top seeded New York Rangers or are they just giving us a good show before their eventual fall?
Here’s a few notes that might interest you:
- Ottawa’s Jesse Winchester suffered an upper body injury and was limited to 5:44 minutes of ice time as a result.
- The Senators had 34 attempted shots in the first period, but only 12 were actual shots on goal and none of them found the back of the net.
- Ottawa got a scare late in the second period when Jason Spezza briefly left the game after being hit in the head (Spezza was hunched over prior to the hit, so his head was around waist level). Fortunately for Ottawa, he returned for the third period.
- The New York Rangers haven’t won an overtime game since April 29, 2007.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)