Apr 18, 2012, 10:26 PM EST
Considering all the goals the Pittsburgh Penguins scored in the first three games of the series, it almost seemed weird that they faced the prospect of being swept. After falling behind 1-0 and 3-2, the Penguins gave the Philadelphia Flyers a bit of their own medicine with a brutal, record-breaking comeback. Pittsburgh won 10-3 to bring the series to 3-1 in favor of Philly.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Surely you’ve had your own sub-conversations already, but here are a few other things to chew on.
- Should Flyers fans alter their chants? Game 3′s “You can’t beat us” doesn’t look too wise right now and “Crosby sucks” always seemed a little bittersweet. (Sidney Crosby had three points tonight.)
- Jordan Staal scored a hat trick in a balanced offensive effort for the Penguins. Does he qualify as an “X-factor” in this series?
- Marc-Andre Fleury had a rocky start but was “perfect” in the final two periods. Could it be possible that he’s getting his confidence back – a bit?
- Speaking of goalies, who should the Flyers put in net for Game 5: Ilya Bryzgalov or Sergei Bobrovsky?
- The Flyers came back from a 3-0 deficit in the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals. Could the Penguins give them some of their own medicine this year?
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)