Apr 18, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Considering all the goals the Pittsburgh Penguins scored in the first three games of the series, it almost seemed weird that they faced the prospect of being swept. After falling behind 1-0 and 3-2, the Penguins gave the Philadelphia Flyers a bit of their own medicine with a brutal, record-breaking comeback. Pittsburgh won 10-3 to bring the series to 3-1 in favor of Philly.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Surely you’ve had your own sub-conversations already, but here are a few other things to chew on.
- Should Flyers fans alter their chants? Game 3’s “You can’t beat us” doesn’t look too wise right now and “Crosby sucks” always seemed a little bittersweet. (Sidney Crosby had three points tonight.)
- Jordan Staal scored a hat trick in a balanced offensive effort for the Penguins. Does he qualify as an “X-factor” in this series?
- Marc-Andre Fleury had a rocky start but was “perfect” in the final two periods. Could it be possible that he’s getting his confidence back – a bit?
- Speaking of goalies, who should the Flyers put in net for Game 5: Ilya Bryzgalov or Sergei Bobrovsky?
- The Flyers came back from a 3-0 deficit in the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals. Could the Penguins give them some of their own medicine this year?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5