Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have provided some great hockey so far in the first round – tonight’s game gives us three out of three overtime contests – but Tuesday upped the hate factor considerably. Joel Quenneville must feel disgusted, in particular: Marian Hossa left the game on a stretcher and his team gave up two third period leads before losing 3-2 in OT. The Coyotes now have a hard-earned 2-1 series lead.
With all that in mind, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are the Blackhawks in trouble if Hossa’s injury is serious? He scored 77 points in perhaps his strongest regular season with Chicago.
- Corey Crawford actually had some nice moments in Game 3, but Mikkel Boedker‘s sharp angle goal will burn for a long time. As much as Blackhawks fans boo Mike Smith, is there a little envy in there? Is goaltending too big of a disadvantage?
- How would you describe Game 4 for Chicago? Is it a “must-win” or just a “really would like to win” contest?
- So, how about that Raffi Torres fella?
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31