Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have provided some great hockey so far in the first round – tonight’s game gives us three out of three overtime contests – but Tuesday upped the hate factor considerably. Joel Quenneville must feel disgusted, in particular: Marian Hossa left the game on a stretcher and his team gave up two third period leads before losing 3-2 in OT. The Coyotes now have a hard-earned 2-1 series lead.
With all that in mind, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are the Blackhawks in trouble if Hossa’s injury is serious? He scored 77 points in perhaps his strongest regular season with Chicago.
- Corey Crawford actually had some nice moments in Game 3, but Mikkel Boedker‘s sharp angle goal will burn for a long time. As much as Blackhawks fans boo Mike Smith, is there a little envy in there? Is goaltending too big of a disadvantage?
- How would you describe Game 4 for Chicago? Is it a “must-win” or just a “really would like to win” contest?
- So, how about that Raffi Torres fella?
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 5
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 43
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (122)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (100)