Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have provided some great hockey so far in the first round – tonight’s game gives us three out of three overtime contests – but Tuesday upped the hate factor considerably. Joel Quenneville must feel disgusted, in particular: Marian Hossa left the game on a stretcher and his team gave up two third period leads before losing 3-2 in OT. The Coyotes now have a hard-earned 2-1 series lead.
With all that in mind, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are the Blackhawks in trouble if Hossa’s injury is serious? He scored 77 points in perhaps his strongest regular season with Chicago.
- Corey Crawford actually had some nice moments in Game 3, but Mikkel Boedker‘s sharp angle goal will burn for a long time. As much as Blackhawks fans boo Mike Smith, is there a little envy in there? Is goaltending too big of a disadvantage?
- How would you describe Game 4 for Chicago? Is it a “must-win” or just a “really would like to win” contest?
- So, how about that Raffi Torres fella?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)