Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have provided some great hockey so far in the first round – tonight’s game gives us three out of three overtime contests – but Tuesday upped the hate factor considerably. Joel Quenneville must feel disgusted, in particular: Marian Hossa left the game on a stretcher and his team gave up two third period leads before losing 3-2 in OT. The Coyotes now have a hard-earned 2-1 series lead.
With all that in mind, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are the Blackhawks in trouble if Hossa’s injury is serious? He scored 77 points in perhaps his strongest regular season with Chicago.
- Corey Crawford actually had some nice moments in Game 3, but Mikkel Boedker‘s sharp angle goal will burn for a long time. As much as Blackhawks fans boo Mike Smith, is there a little envy in there? Is goaltending too big of a disadvantage?
- How would you describe Game 4 for Chicago? Is it a “must-win” or just a “really would like to win” contest?
- So, how about that Raffi Torres fella?
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9