Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Phoenix Coyotes have provided some great hockey so far in the first round – tonight’s game gives us three out of three overtime contests – but Tuesday upped the hate factor considerably. Joel Quenneville must feel disgusted, in particular: Marian Hossa left the game on a stretcher and his team gave up two third period leads before losing 3-2 in OT. The Coyotes now have a hard-earned 2-1 series lead.
With all that in mind, here are a few questions to get you started.
- Are the Blackhawks in trouble if Hossa’s injury is serious? He scored 77 points in perhaps his strongest regular season with Chicago.
- Corey Crawford actually had some nice moments in Game 3, but Mikkel Boedker‘s sharp angle goal will burn for a long time. As much as Blackhawks fans boo Mike Smith, is there a little envy in there? Is goaltending too big of a disadvantage?
- How would you describe Game 4 for Chicago? Is it a “must-win” or just a “really would like to win” contest?
- So, how about that Raffi Torres fella?
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25