Apr 18, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
For better or worse, the New Jersey Devils are going with loyalty and nostalgia in net. Despite being pulled about two minutes into the second period during the Devils’ 4-3 loss to the Florida Panthers, Tom Gulitti reports that Martin Brodeur will get the nod instead of Johan Hedberg in Game 4.
Technically speaking, Hedberg received the “L” because he allowed the deciding goal. Still, Brodeur gave up three on 12 shots before being pulled, so many will blame him instead.
Honestly, I think Hedberg probably deserves a shot to roll with the No. 1 job. His numbers have generally been better than Brodeur’s during the last two seasons, and with Zach Parise‘s future up in the air and much-needed money in more playoff games, it might be worth risking the future Hall of Famer’s feelings.
What do you think, though? If you were Peter DeBoer, would you go with Brodeur or Hedberg?
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)