Apr 18, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
For better or worse, the New Jersey Devils are going with loyalty and nostalgia in net. Despite being pulled about two minutes into the second period during the Devils’ 4-3 loss to the Florida Panthers, Tom Gulitti reports that Martin Brodeur will get the nod instead of Johan Hedberg in Game 4.
Technically speaking, Hedberg received the “L” because he allowed the deciding goal. Still, Brodeur gave up three on 12 shots before being pulled, so many will blame him instead.
Honestly, I think Hedberg probably deserves a shot to roll with the No. 1 job. His numbers have generally been better than Brodeur’s during the last two seasons, and with Zach Parise‘s future up in the air and much-needed money in more playoff games, it might be worth risking the future Hall of Famer’s feelings.
What do you think, though? If you were Peter DeBoer, would you go with Brodeur or Hedberg?
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)