Apr 18, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
For better or worse, the New Jersey Devils are going with loyalty and nostalgia in net. Despite being pulled about two minutes into the second period during the Devils’ 4-3 loss to the Florida Panthers, Tom Gulitti reports that Martin Brodeur will get the nod instead of Johan Hedberg in Game 4.
Technically speaking, Hedberg received the “L” because he allowed the deciding goal. Still, Brodeur gave up three on 12 shots before being pulled, so many will blame him instead.
Honestly, I think Hedberg probably deserves a shot to roll with the No. 1 job. His numbers have generally been better than Brodeur’s during the last two seasons, and with Zach Parise‘s future up in the air and much-needed money in more playoff games, it might be worth risking the future Hall of Famer’s feelings.
What do you think, though? If you were Peter DeBoer, would you go with Brodeur or Hedberg?
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)