Apr 18, 2012, 12:11 AM EST
For better or worse, the New Jersey Devils are going with loyalty and nostalgia in net. Despite being pulled about two minutes into the second period during the Devils’ 4-3 loss to the Florida Panthers, Tom Gulitti reports that Martin Brodeur will get the nod instead of Johan Hedberg in Game 4.
Technically speaking, Hedberg received the “L” because he allowed the deciding goal. Still, Brodeur gave up three on 12 shots before being pulled, so many will blame him instead.
Honestly, I think Hedberg probably deserves a shot to roll with the No. 1 job. His numbers have generally been better than Brodeur’s during the last two seasons, and with Zach Parise‘s future up in the air and much-needed money in more playoff games, it might be worth risking the future Hall of Famer’s feelings.
What do you think, though? If you were Peter DeBoer, would you go with Brodeur or Hedberg?
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)