Apr 18, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
If the Vancouver Canucks are going down, they’re going down at full strength.
That was the message from Los Angeles today as forward Daniel Sedin — out since Mar. 21 with a concussion — announced he’d be returning to the lineup for Wednesday’s decisive Game 4 against Los Angeles.
Question: Right at this point are you expecting to play today?
Sedin: Yeah. Absolutely.
Given Vancouver trails the best-of-seven series 3-0, there are concerns Sedin’s rushing back into action for a series that’s already lost (of the 168 NHL teams that have lost the first three games of a playoff series, 165 have gone on to lose.) But even in the face of such adversity, the Canucks are displaying a remarkable amount of faith in themselves.
Following Sunday’s 1-0 loss that pushed Vancouver to the brink of elimination, team captain Henrik Sedin was unusually confident about his club’s prospects.
“We worked their D,” he said of the Kings blueline. “They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It’s going to turn around.”
There’s also Daniel’s impending return and the eerie similarities it has to last year, when Chicago inserted Dave Bolland into the lineup after going down 0-3 to the Canucks. Bolland had been sidelined with a concussion for over a month prior to rejoining the ‘Hawks but was huge in his comeback game, scoring 1G-3A-4PTS in the first of Chicago’s three consecutive victories.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)