Apr 18, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
If the Vancouver Canucks are going down, they’re going down at full strength.
That was the message from Los Angeles today as forward Daniel Sedin — out since Mar. 21 with a concussion — announced he’d be returning to the lineup for Wednesday’s decisive Game 4 against Los Angeles.
Question: Right at this point are you expecting to play today?
Sedin: Yeah. Absolutely.
Given Vancouver trails the best-of-seven series 3-0, there are concerns Sedin’s rushing back into action for a series that’s already lost (of the 168 NHL teams that have lost the first three games of a playoff series, 165 have gone on to lose.) But even in the face of such adversity, the Canucks are displaying a remarkable amount of faith in themselves.
Following Sunday’s 1-0 loss that pushed Vancouver to the brink of elimination, team captain Henrik Sedin was unusually confident about his club’s prospects.
“We worked their D,” he said of the Kings blueline. “They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It’s going to turn around.”
There’s also Daniel’s impending return and the eerie similarities it has to last year, when Chicago inserted Dave Bolland into the lineup after going down 0-3 to the Canucks. Bolland had been sidelined with a concussion for over a month prior to rejoining the ‘Hawks but was huge in his comeback game, scoring 1G-3A-4PTS in the first of Chicago’s three consecutive victories.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)