Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
What more can you really say about the Pittsburgh Penguins 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers except…do you think the NHL will let the Penguins give a couple of those goals back so they can use them on Friday instead? After all, a blowout is nice and all, but what they really need right now is a second win.
Based on what Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, it doesn’t sound like the Penguins will let the blowout go to their heads.
“We had one goal in mind today and that was one win,” Bylsma said. “That will remain the goal Friday. It’s still 3-1 Flyers and our focus still has to be one win on Friday.”
The Philadelphia Flyers have three more chances to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, so they have no reason to panic yet. That being said, they should know more than most that a 3-0 series lead can be overcome.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)