Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
What more can you really say about the Pittsburgh Penguins 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers except…do you think the NHL will let the Penguins give a couple of those goals back so they can use them on Friday instead? After all, a blowout is nice and all, but what they really need right now is a second win.
Based on what Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, it doesn’t sound like the Penguins will let the blowout go to their heads.
“We had one goal in mind today and that was one win,” Bylsma said. “That will remain the goal Friday. It’s still 3-1 Flyers and our focus still has to be one win on Friday.”
The Philadelphia Flyers have three more chances to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, so they have no reason to panic yet. That being said, they should know more than most that a 3-0 series lead can be overcome.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 16
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)