Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
What more can you really say about the Pittsburgh Penguins 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers except…do you think the NHL will let the Penguins give a couple of those goals back so they can use them on Friday instead? After all, a blowout is nice and all, but what they really need right now is a second win.
Based on what Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, it doesn’t sound like the Penguins will let the blowout go to their heads.
“We had one goal in mind today and that was one win,” Bylsma said. “That will remain the goal Friday. It’s still 3-1 Flyers and our focus still has to be one win on Friday.”
The Philadelphia Flyers have three more chances to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, so they have no reason to panic yet. That being said, they should know more than most that a 3-0 series lead can be overcome.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33