Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
What more can you really say about the Pittsburgh Penguins 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers except…do you think the NHL will let the Penguins give a couple of those goals back so they can use them on Friday instead? After all, a blowout is nice and all, but what they really need right now is a second win.
Based on what Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, it doesn’t sound like the Penguins will let the blowout go to their heads.
“We had one goal in mind today and that was one win,” Bylsma said. “That will remain the goal Friday. It’s still 3-1 Flyers and our focus still has to be one win on Friday.”
The Philadelphia Flyers have three more chances to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, so they have no reason to panic yet. That being said, they should know more than most that a 3-0 series lead can be overcome.
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)