Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
What more can you really say about the Pittsburgh Penguins 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers except…do you think the NHL will let the Penguins give a couple of those goals back so they can use them on Friday instead? After all, a blowout is nice and all, but what they really need right now is a second win.
Based on what Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, it doesn’t sound like the Penguins will let the blowout go to their heads.
“We had one goal in mind today and that was one win,” Bylsma said. “That will remain the goal Friday. It’s still 3-1 Flyers and our focus still has to be one win on Friday.”
The Philadelphia Flyers have three more chances to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, so they have no reason to panic yet. That being said, they should know more than most that a 3-0 series lead can be overcome.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)