Apr 18, 2012, 12:33 AM EST
Reading team injury updates and reports can make you feel a little bit like Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac: you’re left trying to decrypt purposefully vague messages. With that in mind, get out your decoders and try to decipher this Marian Hossa update from the Chicago Blackhawks, which seems pretty optimistic:
“Marian Hossa suffered an upper-body blow in the first period of tonight’s game. After initial evaluation on the ice he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for further testing, which yielded encouraging results. He has been released from the hospital, and we are monitoring him closely at home. We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined.”
So, here are the basics:
- It’s an upper-body issue.
- The testing “yielded encouraging results.”
- He’s been released from the hospital.
- The timetable is unclear.
Ultimately, Hossa seems to be OK – in the grand scheme of things. It remains to be seen if he’ll be back for the series, though.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)