Apr 17, 2012, 12:00 AM EDT
Sports fans might know that putting on the New York Yankees’ pinstripes can rejuvenate a player, but the Boston Bruins’ “spoked-B” could have similar results. Mark Recchi was one of the team’s leading scorers in his final season during the 2011 Stanley Cup run, yet Brian Rolston‘s twilight tide turn is even more surprising.
Kirk Luedeke caught up with Rolston, who has three points in three playoff contests, a five-game points streak and 17 points in 15 games since March 15.
Asked Brian Rolston after the game how gratifying it was to be back in Boston- he paused & then quietly said: “More than any words can say.”
Rolston admitted that he might have been too young to appreciate his Stanley Cup run with the New Jersey Devils all the way back in 1995. Scoring 17 points in 15 games is impressive in just about any context, but considering the fact that Rolston’s career seemed flat-out over with the New York Islanders during this same season, his turnaround is nothing short of stunning.
And much like Recchi’s last hurrah, it could be worth savoring.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)