Apr 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Today is the day that sees Arron Asham and James Neal meet with the league to find out if/how long they’ll be suspended for their dirty plays in Game 3 against Philadelphia. One person we haven’t heard from in the wake of all the mayhem is Penguins owner Mario Lemieux.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from sources close to Lemieux that he is not at all happy about what went down on Sunday afternoon.
Penguins majority co-owner Mario Lemieux was disappointed with his club`s overall lack of discipline and embarrassed with the dirty plays by Asham and Neal in Game 3, sources close to Lemieux said.
Lemieux, who rarely grants interviews, declined comment.
Rossi also reports the Penguins will support any and all discipline handed out by the league to Asham and Neal, something you rarely hear from teams whose players have done wrong.
If you’ll recall, Lemieux took the NHL to task for their lack of action taken after the Islanders and Penguins brouhaha last season that saw Lemieux send a letter to Commissioner Gary Bettman to either get serious about it or else he’d have to consider getting out of the game.
With yet another high-profile ugly incident happening under Lemieux’s watch, it would only make sense that he’d be disgusted by it. Being down 3-0 to the Flyers probably doesn’t help much either.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)