Apr 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Today is the day that sees Arron Asham and James Neal meet with the league to find out if/how long they’ll be suspended for their dirty plays in Game 3 against Philadelphia. One person we haven’t heard from in the wake of all the mayhem is Penguins owner Mario Lemieux.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from sources close to Lemieux that he is not at all happy about what went down on Sunday afternoon.
Penguins majority co-owner Mario Lemieux was disappointed with his club`s overall lack of discipline and embarrassed with the dirty plays by Asham and Neal in Game 3, sources close to Lemieux said.
Lemieux, who rarely grants interviews, declined comment.
Rossi also reports the Penguins will support any and all discipline handed out by the league to Asham and Neal, something you rarely hear from teams whose players have done wrong.
If you’ll recall, Lemieux took the NHL to task for their lack of action taken after the Islanders and Penguins brouhaha last season that saw Lemieux send a letter to Commissioner Gary Bettman to either get serious about it or else he’d have to consider getting out of the game.
With yet another high-profile ugly incident happening under Lemieux’s watch, it would only make sense that he’d be disgusted by it. Being down 3-0 to the Flyers probably doesn’t help much either.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)