Apr 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Today is the day that sees Arron Asham and James Neal meet with the league to find out if/how long they’ll be suspended for their dirty plays in Game 3 against Philadelphia. One person we haven’t heard from in the wake of all the mayhem is Penguins owner Mario Lemieux.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from sources close to Lemieux that he is not at all happy about what went down on Sunday afternoon.
Penguins majority co-owner Mario Lemieux was disappointed with his club`s overall lack of discipline and embarrassed with the dirty plays by Asham and Neal in Game 3, sources close to Lemieux said.
Lemieux, who rarely grants interviews, declined comment.
Rossi also reports the Penguins will support any and all discipline handed out by the league to Asham and Neal, something you rarely hear from teams whose players have done wrong.
If you’ll recall, Lemieux took the NHL to task for their lack of action taken after the Islanders and Penguins brouhaha last season that saw Lemieux send a letter to Commissioner Gary Bettman to either get serious about it or else he’d have to consider getting out of the game.
With yet another high-profile ugly incident happening under Lemieux’s watch, it would only make sense that he’d be disgusted by it. Being down 3-0 to the Flyers probably doesn’t help much either.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)