Apr 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Today is the day that sees Arron Asham and James Neal meet with the league to find out if/how long they’ll be suspended for their dirty plays in Game 3 against Philadelphia. One person we haven’t heard from in the wake of all the mayhem is Penguins owner Mario Lemieux.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from sources close to Lemieux that he is not at all happy about what went down on Sunday afternoon.
Penguins majority co-owner Mario Lemieux was disappointed with his club`s overall lack of discipline and embarrassed with the dirty plays by Asham and Neal in Game 3, sources close to Lemieux said.
Lemieux, who rarely grants interviews, declined comment.
Rossi also reports the Penguins will support any and all discipline handed out by the league to Asham and Neal, something you rarely hear from teams whose players have done wrong.
If you’ll recall, Lemieux took the NHL to task for their lack of action taken after the Islanders and Penguins brouhaha last season that saw Lemieux send a letter to Commissioner Gary Bettman to either get serious about it or else he’d have to consider getting out of the game.
With yet another high-profile ugly incident happening under Lemieux’s watch, it would only make sense that he’d be disgusted by it. Being down 3-0 to the Flyers probably doesn’t help much either.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)