Apr 17, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Hal Gill‘s Predators playoff debut is still on hold.
According to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean, Gill won’t play in Tuesday’s Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena — he’s yet to participate in the Detroit series — though it sounds he’s showing signs of recovery from his lower-body injury.
“[Gill's] improving every day, made some real good improvement,” Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said. “He’s not in tonight, but really good improvement, I thought he looked very good actually.”
Gill suffered the injury (believed to be a foot issue) blocking Sheldon Souray‘s point shot in a 2-0 win over Dallas on Apr. 5. That’s the last game he played for the Preds, missing their regular season finale against Colorado and the first four games against the Red Wings.
The 6-foot-7 defenseman declined to comment through a team spokesman, but it’s clear both he and the team are anxious for a return. Gill’s two biggest strengths — shot-blocking and killing penalties — would certainly come in handy against the Wings, who have scored three times with the man advantage and averaged 32.2 shots on goal per game.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)