Apr 17, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Hal Gill‘s Predators playoff debut is still on hold.
According to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean, Gill won’t play in Tuesday’s Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena — he’s yet to participate in the Detroit series — though it sounds he’s showing signs of recovery from his lower-body injury.
“[Gill's] improving every day, made some real good improvement,” Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said. “He’s not in tonight, but really good improvement, I thought he looked very good actually.”
Gill suffered the injury (believed to be a foot issue) blocking Sheldon Souray‘s point shot in a 2-0 win over Dallas on Apr. 5. That’s the last game he played for the Preds, missing their regular season finale against Colorado and the first four games against the Red Wings.
The 6-foot-7 defenseman declined to comment through a team spokesman, but it’s clear both he and the team are anxious for a return. Gill’s two biggest strengths — shot-blocking and killing penalties — would certainly come in handy against the Wings, who have scored three times with the man advantage and averaged 32.2 shots on goal per game.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)