Apr 17, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Hal Gill‘s Predators playoff debut is still on hold.
According to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean, Gill won’t play in Tuesday’s Game 4 at Joe Louis Arena — he’s yet to participate in the Detroit series — though it sounds he’s showing signs of recovery from his lower-body injury.
“[Gill’s] improving every day, made some real good improvement,” Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said. “He’s not in tonight, but really good improvement, I thought he looked very good actually.”
Gill suffered the injury (believed to be a foot issue) blocking Sheldon Souray‘s point shot in a 2-0 win over Dallas on Apr. 5. That’s the last game he played for the Preds, missing their regular season finale against Colorado and the first four games against the Red Wings.
The 6-foot-7 defenseman declined to comment through a team spokesman, but it’s clear both he and the team are anxious for a return. Gill’s two biggest strengths — shot-blocking and killing penalties — would certainly come in handy against the Wings, who have scored three times with the man advantage and averaged 32.2 shots on goal per game.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)