Apr 17, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Local newspapers have a long history of strange Photoshop treatments, but the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli provides a look at Wednesday’s cover treatment of Sidney Crosby that you need to see to believe:
Yes, that’s Sidney Crosby’s face and skates superimposed on The Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz.”
When I say “you need to see it to believe it,” I mean it from a personal standpoint. I literally had to ask Broad Street Hockey’s Travis Hughes that this is real. On a night full of scary moments and strange suspensions, this might be the most stunning NHL-related thing you’ll see.
So, uh … what do you think?
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25