Apr 17, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Local newspapers have a long history of strange Photoshop treatments, but the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli provides a look at Wednesday’s cover treatment of Sidney Crosby that you need to see to believe:
Yes, that’s Sidney Crosby’s face and skates superimposed on The Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz.”
When I say “you need to see it to believe it,” I mean it from a personal standpoint. I literally had to ask Broad Street Hockey’s Travis Hughes that this is real. On a night full of scary moments and strange suspensions, this might be the most stunning NHL-related thing you’ll see.
So, uh … what do you think?
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6