Apr 17, 2012, 11:24 PM EST
Local newspapers have a long history of strange Photoshop treatments, but the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli provides a look at Wednesday’s cover treatment of Sidney Crosby that you need to see to believe:
Yes, that’s Sidney Crosby’s face and skates superimposed on The Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz.”
When I say “you need to see it to believe it,” I mean it from a personal standpoint. I literally had to ask Broad Street Hockey’s Travis Hughes that this is real. On a night full of scary moments and strange suspensions, this might be the most stunning NHL-related thing you’ll see.
So, uh … what do you think?
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54