Apr 17, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Local newspapers have a long history of strange Photoshop treatments, but the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli provides a look at Wednesday’s cover treatment of Sidney Crosby that you need to see to believe:
Yes, that’s Sidney Crosby’s face and skates superimposed on The Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz.”
When I say “you need to see it to believe it,” I mean it from a personal standpoint. I literally had to ask Broad Street Hockey’s Travis Hughes that this is real. On a night full of scary moments and strange suspensions, this might be the most stunning NHL-related thing you’ll see.
So, uh … what do you think?
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5