Apr 17, 2012, 10:33 PM EST
Raffi Torres came into the Chicago Blackhawks-Phoenix Coyotes series as far from a popular man, but it’s unlikely that he’ll ever face a dull moment at the United Center again after his hit on Marian Hossa. Joel Quenneville was disgusted by it, Bob McKenzie was adamant about it being illegal and many others will weigh in. CSN Chicago caught up with Patrick Kane, who provided these comments on the check:
Unlike Quenneville’s livid (and in-the-moment) reaction, Kane seemed pretty diplomatic about it. At least on the record.
It’ll be interesting to see how both sides react to the controversy once the game ends. Stay tuned for more on that and the contest itself – which is a pretty big one, by the way, with the winner taking a 2-1 series lead.
Here’s video of the hit for your review:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)