Apr 17, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
Raffi Torres came into the Chicago Blackhawks-Phoenix Coyotes series as far from a popular man, but it’s unlikely that he’ll ever face a dull moment at the United Center again after his hit on Marian Hossa. Joel Quenneville was disgusted by it, Bob McKenzie was adamant about it being illegal and many others will weigh in. CSN Chicago caught up with Patrick Kane, who provided these comments on the check:
Unlike Quenneville’s livid (and in-the-moment) reaction, Kane seemed pretty diplomatic about it. At least on the record.
It’ll be interesting to see how both sides react to the controversy once the game ends. Stay tuned for more on that and the contest itself – which is a pretty big one, by the way, with the winner taking a 2-1 series lead.
Here’s video of the hit for your review:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25