Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night’s Bruins-Capitals Game 3 saw the nastiness level jump up a bit.
As the teams battled late in the third period, Milan Lucic and Karl Alzner came together with Alzner putting Lucic in a headlock. While Lucic was penalized on the play, Alzner was not and skated away mocking Lucic by wiping away a fake tear.
Milan Lucic a crybaby? That’s what Alzner seems to think and as Lucic tells Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, he finds it all too amusing.
“I don’t even know what to say to show that I’m not a crybaby,” Lucic said with a laugh. “That’s a lot coming from a guy who’s got three roughing penalties in two years. So there you go.”
If anything, that sounds like an open invitation for Alzner to engage Lucic whenever he feels like having a go. With the rough stuff picking up, the Capitals may have woken up what was a sleepy team. The Bruins thrive on physical shenanigans and last night’s game saw its fair share of them from both sides.
As for Alzner, if he plans on antagonizing Lucic further he might want to avoid dropping the gloves. Lucic as a fighter is a mean, tough customer to handle.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 20
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 10
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1