Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night’s Bruins-Capitals Game 3 saw the nastiness level jump up a bit.
As the teams battled late in the third period, Milan Lucic and Karl Alzner came together with Alzner putting Lucic in a headlock. While Lucic was penalized on the play, Alzner was not and skated away mocking Lucic by wiping away a fake tear.
Milan Lucic a crybaby? That’s what Alzner seems to think and as Lucic tells Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, he finds it all too amusing.
“I don’t even know what to say to show that I’m not a crybaby,” Lucic said with a laugh. “That’s a lot coming from a guy who’s got three roughing penalties in two years. So there you go.”
If anything, that sounds like an open invitation for Alzner to engage Lucic whenever he feels like having a go. With the rough stuff picking up, the Capitals may have woken up what was a sleepy team. The Bruins thrive on physical shenanigans and last night’s game saw its fair share of them from both sides.
As for Alzner, if he plans on antagonizing Lucic further he might want to avoid dropping the gloves. Lucic as a fighter is a mean, tough customer to handle.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2