Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night’s Bruins-Capitals Game 3 saw the nastiness level jump up a bit.
As the teams battled late in the third period, Milan Lucic and Karl Alzner came together with Alzner putting Lucic in a headlock. While Lucic was penalized on the play, Alzner was not and skated away mocking Lucic by wiping away a fake tear.
Milan Lucic a crybaby? That’s what Alzner seems to think and as Lucic tells Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, he finds it all too amusing.
“I don’t even know what to say to show that I’m not a crybaby,” Lucic said with a laugh. “That’s a lot coming from a guy who’s got three roughing penalties in two years. So there you go.”
If anything, that sounds like an open invitation for Alzner to engage Lucic whenever he feels like having a go. With the rough stuff picking up, the Capitals may have woken up what was a sleepy team. The Bruins thrive on physical shenanigans and last night’s game saw its fair share of them from both sides.
As for Alzner, if he plans on antagonizing Lucic further he might want to avoid dropping the gloves. Lucic as a fighter is a mean, tough customer to handle.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)