Apr 17, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
It’s understandable that the New Jersey Devils are going with Martin Brodeur as “their guy” instead of Johan Hedberg, but if you look at their numbers and not the names on their jerseys, “The Moose” has generally been better during the last two seasons. It’s unlikely that tonight’s bit of playing time will give him the same chance that Scott Clemmensen might receive in Jose Theodore‘s wake, yet oddly enough, both goalies have now been pulled from what’s looking like a really weird Game 3.
Theodore only made it through 6:16 of game time before he was pulled after allowing three goals on just six shots. Brodeur gave way to Hedberg 2:18 into the second period, which gives him a more respectable 22:18 of playing time tonight. Brodeur also faced twice as many shots (nine saves on 12 attempts), so at least he wasn’t the worst netminder on the ice.
Oh, and as this post has been compiled, the Florida Panthers found the net again to take a 4-3 lead. Hedberg has allowed one goal on the four shots he’s seen, temporarily giving him the same save percentage as Brodeur’s (75 percent).
One can only imagine how John Tortorella would have felt about Hedberg and Brodeur’s work so far …
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)