Apr 17, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
It’s understandable that the New Jersey Devils are going with Martin Brodeur as “their guy” instead of Johan Hedberg, but if you look at their numbers and not the names on their jerseys, “The Moose” has generally been better during the last two seasons. It’s unlikely that tonight’s bit of playing time will give him the same chance that Scott Clemmensen might receive in Jose Theodore‘s wake, yet oddly enough, both goalies have now been pulled from what’s looking like a really weird Game 3.
Theodore only made it through 6:16 of game time before he was pulled after allowing three goals on just six shots. Brodeur gave way to Hedberg 2:18 into the second period, which gives him a more respectable 22:18 of playing time tonight. Brodeur also faced twice as many shots (nine saves on 12 attempts), so at least he wasn’t the worst netminder on the ice.
Oh, and as this post has been compiled, the Florida Panthers found the net again to take a 4-3 lead. Hedberg has allowed one goal on the four shots he’s seen, temporarily giving him the same save percentage as Brodeur’s (75 percent).
One can only imagine how John Tortorella would have felt about Hedberg and Brodeur’s work so far …
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)