Apr 17, 2012, 8:21 PM EST
It’s understandable that the New Jersey Devils are going with Martin Brodeur as “their guy” instead of Johan Hedberg, but if you look at their numbers and not the names on their jerseys, “The Moose” has generally been better during the last two seasons. It’s unlikely that tonight’s bit of playing time will give him the same chance that Scott Clemmensen might receive in Jose Theodore‘s wake, yet oddly enough, both goalies have now been pulled from what’s looking like a really weird Game 3.
Theodore only made it through 6:16 of game time before he was pulled after allowing three goals on just six shots. Brodeur gave way to Hedberg 2:18 into the second period, which gives him a more respectable 22:18 of playing time tonight. Brodeur also faced twice as many shots (nine saves on 12 attempts), so at least he wasn’t the worst netminder on the ice.
Oh, and as this post has been compiled, the Florida Panthers found the net again to take a 4-3 lead. Hedberg has allowed one goal on the four shots he’s seen, temporarily giving him the same save percentage as Brodeur’s (75 percent).
One can only imagine how John Tortorella would have felt about Hedberg and Brodeur’s work so far …
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)