Apr 17, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
It’s understandable that the New Jersey Devils are going with Martin Brodeur as “their guy” instead of Johan Hedberg, but if you look at their numbers and not the names on their jerseys, “The Moose” has generally been better during the last two seasons. It’s unlikely that tonight’s bit of playing time will give him the same chance that Scott Clemmensen might receive in Jose Theodore‘s wake, yet oddly enough, both goalies have now been pulled from what’s looking like a really weird Game 3.
Theodore only made it through 6:16 of game time before he was pulled after allowing three goals on just six shots. Brodeur gave way to Hedberg 2:18 into the second period, which gives him a more respectable 22:18 of playing time tonight. Brodeur also faced twice as many shots (nine saves on 12 attempts), so at least he wasn’t the worst netminder on the ice.
Oh, and as this post has been compiled, the Florida Panthers found the net again to take a 4-3 lead. Hedberg has allowed one goal on the four shots he’s seen, temporarily giving him the same save percentage as Brodeur’s (75 percent).
One can only imagine how John Tortorella would have felt about Hedberg and Brodeur’s work so far …
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)