Apr 17, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
The early reports on Marian Hossa‘s condition were far from promising. He left the ice on a stretcher and the United Center in an ambulance, with most saying he was “out cold.” Chris Kuc wasn’t able to get a comment out of Hossa, but there’s some relatively good news: the Chicago Blackhawks star reportedly left the hospital and exited in a “waiting car.”
That doesn’t provide much information on the severity (or specificity) of his injuries or his chances of playing in Game 4 and the series overall, yet it’s something. For those who were worried about Hossa’s bodily health, it sounds like he’s OK – at least relatively speaking.
More on Hossa
Meanwhile, Bob McKenzie emphatically believes it was dirty.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34