Apr 17, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
The early reports on Marian Hossa‘s condition were far from promising. He left the ice on a stretcher and the United Center in an ambulance, with most saying he was “out cold.” Chris Kuc wasn’t able to get a comment out of Hossa, but there’s some relatively good news: the Chicago Blackhawks star reportedly left the hospital and exited in a “waiting car.”
That doesn’t provide much information on the severity (or specificity) of his injuries or his chances of playing in Game 4 and the series overall, yet it’s something. For those who were worried about Hossa’s bodily health, it sounds like he’s OK – at least relatively speaking.
More on Hossa
Meanwhile, Bob McKenzie emphatically believes it was dirty.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50