Apr 17, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson didn’t play on Monday because of a concussion sustained when the Rangers’ Carl Hagelin elbowed him during Saturday’s game. When will he play again? Who knows, but the news coming from Senators coach Paul MacLean wasn’t encouraging.
Alfredsson apparently suffered a setback in his attempt to return mere days after being concussed. That was made all the more apparent Tuesday, when Alfredsson was one of just three Senators players to skip the team’s optional skate.
Without Alfredsson on Monday, the Ottawa Senators offered a spirited, but ultimately futile effort against the New York Rangers. They had some scoring chances, but Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 39 shots in a 1-0 victory. The Senators had an uphill battle ahead of them going into this series, but the odds have been stacked even further against them with the potential loss of their captain.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)