Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM EDT
The Sharks weren’t able to pull off what would have been a remarkable late game comeback. Still, with two goals in the final 3:02 minutes of regulation time, they were able to provide their fans with something of a silver lining.
They proved that they can beat Brian Elliott at least some of the time and might have a bit more confidence going into Game 4. All the same, St. Louis earned a 4-3 victory and has a 2-1 series lead. They have reclaimed their home ice advantage, which is a big deal considering that they had a stunning 30-6-5 record at the Scottrade Center in the regular season.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- St. Louis might have gotten too comfortable with their lead in the third period. They only managed four shots on goal in the final 20 minutes.
- Andy McDonald and Carlo Colaiacovo each had three points for the Blues.
- The St. Louis Blues are now 5-for-13 with the man advantage. Only the Philadelphia Flyers have scored more power-play goals in the postseason.
- Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau each reached or surpassed the 30-goal mark in the regular season. Until Couture’s goal with 17 seconds remaining in the third period, none of them had found the back of the net in this series.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 5
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 28
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games