Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM EDT
The Sharks weren’t able to pull off what would have been a remarkable late game comeback. Still, with two goals in the final 3:02 minutes of regulation time, they were able to provide their fans with something of a silver lining.
They proved that they can beat Brian Elliott at least some of the time and might have a bit more confidence going into Game 4. All the same, St. Louis earned a 4-3 victory and has a 2-1 series lead. They have reclaimed their home ice advantage, which is a big deal considering that they had a stunning 30-6-5 record at the Scottrade Center in the regular season.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- St. Louis might have gotten too comfortable with their lead in the third period. They only managed four shots on goal in the final 20 minutes.
- Andy McDonald and Carlo Colaiacovo each had three points for the Blues.
- The St. Louis Blues are now 5-for-13 with the man advantage. Only the Philadelphia Flyers have scored more power-play goals in the postseason.
- Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau each reached or surpassed the 30-goal mark in the regular season. Until Couture’s goal with 17 seconds remaining in the third period, none of them had found the back of the net in this series.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 18
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)