Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM EDT
The Sharks weren’t able to pull off what would have been a remarkable late game comeback. Still, with two goals in the final 3:02 minutes of regulation time, they were able to provide their fans with something of a silver lining.
They proved that they can beat Brian Elliott at least some of the time and might have a bit more confidence going into Game 4. All the same, St. Louis earned a 4-3 victory and has a 2-1 series lead. They have reclaimed their home ice advantage, which is a big deal considering that they had a stunning 30-6-5 record at the Scottrade Center in the regular season.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- St. Louis might have gotten too comfortable with their lead in the third period. They only managed four shots on goal in the final 20 minutes.
- Andy McDonald and Carlo Colaiacovo each had three points for the Blues.
- The St. Louis Blues are now 5-for-13 with the man advantage. Only the Philadelphia Flyers have scored more power-play goals in the postseason.
- Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau each reached or surpassed the 30-goal mark in the regular season. Until Couture’s goal with 17 seconds remaining in the third period, none of them had found the back of the net in this series.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)