Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM EST
The Sharks weren’t able to pull off what would have been a remarkable late game comeback. Still, with two goals in the final 3:02 minutes of regulation time, they were able to provide their fans with something of a silver lining.
They proved that they can beat Brian Elliott at least some of the time and might have a bit more confidence going into Game 4. All the same, St. Louis earned a 4-3 victory and has a 2-1 series lead. They have reclaimed their home ice advantage, which is a big deal considering that they had a stunning 30-6-5 record at the Scottrade Center in the regular season.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- St. Louis might have gotten too comfortable with their lead in the third period. They only managed four shots on goal in the final 20 minutes.
- Andy McDonald and Carlo Colaiacovo each had three points for the Blues.
- The St. Louis Blues are now 5-for-13 with the man advantage. Only the Philadelphia Flyers have scored more power-play goals in the postseason.
- Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau each reached or surpassed the 30-goal mark in the regular season. Until Couture’s goal with 17 seconds remaining in the third period, none of them had found the back of the net in this series.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 12
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 56
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)