Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 AM EST
The Sharks weren’t able to pull off what would have been a remarkable late game comeback. Still, with two goals in the final 3:02 minutes of regulation time, they were able to provide their fans with something of a silver lining.
They proved that they can beat Brian Elliott at least some of the time and might have a bit more confidence going into Game 4. All the same, St. Louis earned a 4-3 victory and has a 2-1 series lead. They have reclaimed their home ice advantage, which is a big deal considering that they had a stunning 30-6-5 record at the Scottrade Center in the regular season.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- St. Louis might have gotten too comfortable with their lead in the third period. They only managed four shots on goal in the final 20 minutes.
- Andy McDonald and Carlo Colaiacovo each had three points for the Blues.
- The St. Louis Blues are now 5-for-13 with the man advantage. Only the Philadelphia Flyers have scored more power-play goals in the postseason.
- Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau each reached or surpassed the 30-goal mark in the regular season. Until Couture’s goal with 17 seconds remaining in the third period, none of them had found the back of the net in this series.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)