Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Sometimes if you start out strong and end up with nothing to show for it, you can lose momentum. That certainly seemed to be the case on Tuesday. Detroit outplayed Nashville for the better part of this game, but Rinne kept the Predators in this game until they finally started to fight back.
The game was 0-0 going into the third period, but Nashville ended up with a 3-1 victory to take a 3-1 series lead.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- Pekka Rinne looked like one of the few Predators players earning their paycheck through the first 40 minutes. It was all Red Wings in the first and second periods, but the game was tied thanks in large part to Rinne.
- The Predators were certainly better in the third period, but they also took some untimely penalties. Detroit had power-play opportunities shortly after Nashville took a 1-0 and then 2-1 lead.
- Gabriel Bourque has certainly been a pleasant surprise for Nashville. The Rookie has three goals in four playoff games. That’s just four less goals than he had in 43 regular season contests.
- So much for the home ice advantage. After posting a 31-7-3 record at home during the regular season, the Detroit Red Wings lost back-to-back games against the Predators in the Joe Louis Arena.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)