Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
Sometimes if you start out strong and end up with nothing to show for it, you can lose momentum. That certainly seemed to be the case on Tuesday. Detroit outplayed Nashville for the better part of this game, but Rinne kept the Predators in this game until they finally started to fight back.
The game was 0-0 going into the third period, but Nashville ended up with a 3-1 victory to take a 3-1 series lead.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- Pekka Rinne looked like one of the few Predators players earning their paycheck through the first 40 minutes. It was all Red Wings in the first and second periods, but the game was tied thanks in large part to Rinne.
- The Predators were certainly better in the third period, but they also took some untimely penalties. Detroit had power-play opportunities shortly after Nashville took a 1-0 and then 2-1 lead.
- Gabriel Bourque has certainly been a pleasant surprise for Nashville. The Rookie has three goals in four playoff games. That’s just four less goals than he had in 43 regular season contests.
- So much for the home ice advantage. After posting a 31-7-3 record at home during the regular season, the Detroit Red Wings lost back-to-back games against the Predators in the Joe Louis Arena.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)