Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Sometimes if you start out strong and end up with nothing to show for it, you can lose momentum. That certainly seemed to be the case on Tuesday. Detroit outplayed Nashville for the better part of this game, but Rinne kept the Predators in this game until they finally started to fight back.
The game was 0-0 going into the third period, but Nashville ended up with a 3-1 victory to take a 3-1 series lead.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- Pekka Rinne looked like one of the few Predators players earning their paycheck through the first 40 minutes. It was all Red Wings in the first and second periods, but the game was tied thanks in large part to Rinne.
- The Predators were certainly better in the third period, but they also took some untimely penalties. Detroit had power-play opportunities shortly after Nashville took a 1-0 and then 2-1 lead.
- Gabriel Bourque has certainly been a pleasant surprise for Nashville. The Rookie has three goals in four playoff games. That’s just four less goals than he had in 43 regular season contests.
- So much for the home ice advantage. After posting a 31-7-3 record at home during the regular season, the Detroit Red Wings lost back-to-back games against the Predators in the Joe Louis Arena.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 3
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 21
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)