Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
Sometimes if you start out strong and end up with nothing to show for it, you can lose momentum. That certainly seemed to be the case on Tuesday. Detroit outplayed Nashville for the better part of this game, but Rinne kept the Predators in this game until they finally started to fight back.
The game was 0-0 going into the third period, but Nashville ended up with a 3-1 victory to take a 3-1 series lead.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- Pekka Rinne looked like one of the few Predators players earning their paycheck through the first 40 minutes. It was all Red Wings in the first and second periods, but the game was tied thanks in large part to Rinne.
- The Predators were certainly better in the third period, but they also took some untimely penalties. Detroit had power-play opportunities shortly after Nashville took a 1-0 and then 2-1 lead.
- Gabriel Bourque has certainly been a pleasant surprise for Nashville. The Rookie has three goals in four playoff games. That’s just four less goals than he had in 43 regular season contests.
- So much for the home ice advantage. After posting a 31-7-3 record at home during the regular season, the Detroit Red Wings lost back-to-back games against the Predators in the Joe Louis Arena.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)