Apr 17, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
There was no shortage of questions for Daniel Sedin after practice on Tuesday. The 2010-11 NHL scoring champ skated with the Canucks for the first time since arriving in Los Angeles and, upon finishing, was promptly bombarded with queries from the media.
Before getting into Sedin’s quotes, a quick overview. He reportedly had an optimistic vibe about playing in Game 4 — even though the Vancouver Province’s Jason Botchford noted that, because Sedin has been unable to work out, he’s in his worst shape “in five years.”
That said, TSN’s Farhan Lalji reported Sedin will “focus on the PP and will take his chances 5 on 5,” should he play Wednesday.
Okay, to the man himself…heeeeeeere’s Daniel!
On symptoms: “I haven’t had a headache for a while now.”
On the recovery struggle: “It’s probably been the toughest time mentally that I’ve been through and I’m just happy to be back.”
On skating again: “It felt great. It’s been a tough four weeks. It’s good to be back, first of all feeling good.”
On playing in Game 4: “We’ll take it day-by-day. Today felt good and we’ll see how it is tomorrow morning.”
On the large, long-lasting media scrum: “I really missed you guys.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13