Apr 17, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
We expected the Philadelphia Flyers-Pittsburgh Penguins series to be an eventful and close. Well, we were half right.
The Penguins haven’t had any trouble scoring, but the Flyers have been the clearly superior team. Down 3-0, Pittsburgh needs to basically hit the reset button and start playing a much more disciplined game.
When there’s adversity, that’s when you see guys’ true colors…that’s a quote that can be taken out of its intended context and applied to the Penguins’ play on Sunday.
Crosby added, “We’re going to leave it all out there and give ourselves a chance to try and get back in this series.”
Chris Kunitz also said that the Penguins have to “leave it all out there.”
That’s a common sentiment from teams that are down, but not officially out, but in Pittsburgh’s case it might be the wrong one. I don’t think the Penguins have lacked passion, but it takes more than just that to win a hockey game.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)