Apr 17, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
We expected the Philadelphia Flyers-Pittsburgh Penguins series to be an eventful and close. Well, we were half right.
The Penguins haven’t had any trouble scoring, but the Flyers have been the clearly superior team. Down 3-0, Pittsburgh needs to basically hit the reset button and start playing a much more disciplined game.
When there’s adversity, that’s when you see guys’ true colors…that’s a quote that can be taken out of its intended context and applied to the Penguins’ play on Sunday.
Crosby added, “We’re going to leave it all out there and give ourselves a chance to try and get back in this series.”
Chris Kunitz also said that the Penguins have to “leave it all out there.”
That’s a common sentiment from teams that are down, but not officially out, but in Pittsburgh’s case it might be the wrong one. I don’t think the Penguins have lacked passion, but it takes more than just that to win a hockey game.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)