Apr 17, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Is there a theory out there that states that for every opinion, there is someone who has the exact opposite view?
Raffi Torres flattened Marian Hossa during Tuesday’s game. He appeared to make contact with Hossa’s head and the Blackhawks star player was taken off the ice on a stretcher. Hossa was then put in an ambulance. TSN’s Bob McKenzie called Torres hit “illegal on so many levels.”
Tyson Nash, the former St. Louis/Phoenix player turned Coyotes announcer, had a different take. He thought that it was “as clean of a hit as you are going to get.” You can view Nash’s reaction (as well as the incident itself) below:
I will let that speak for itself.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2