Apr 17, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
If Daniel Sedin does indeed play tomorrow in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Kings to treat the Canucks’ sniper any different than they would any other Vancouver player.
“We’re going to have a new task at hand and it’s going to be a little harder obviously and we’re up for it,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said Tuesday, as per The Province. “We’ll be just as physical against him as any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, we’re not going to let up on him. I’m not going to be running around and trying to hurt him, but we’re still going to play him hard because we need this game and this series and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.”
Clearly L.A. isn’t afraid to play Vancouver’s skill players tough, as Dustin Brown demonstrated Sunday when he ran over Henrik Sedin with a good, clean hit.
What should be interesting to watch is how Daniel Sedin feels about going to the tough areas of the ice in Game 4. For all the criticism the twins receive for being “soft,” they’ve never shied away from contact in the corner and along the wall. Will a concussion change that for Daniel?
Coach Alain Vigneault is taking a bit of a risk moving Burrows away from the twins, but Booth and Kesler have shown very little chemistry together all season.
Guess all it took was the brink of elimination to make that change.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 11
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 51
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 18
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)