Apr 17, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
If Daniel Sedin does indeed play tomorrow in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Kings to treat the Canucks’ sniper any different than they would any other Vancouver player.
“We’re going to have a new task at hand and it’s going to be a little harder obviously and we’re up for it,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said Tuesday, as per The Province. “We’ll be just as physical against him as any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, we’re not going to let up on him. I’m not going to be running around and trying to hurt him, but we’re still going to play him hard because we need this game and this series and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.”
Clearly L.A. isn’t afraid to play Vancouver’s skill players tough, as Dustin Brown demonstrated Sunday when he ran over Henrik Sedin with a good, clean hit.
What should be interesting to watch is how Daniel Sedin feels about going to the tough areas of the ice in Game 4. For all the criticism the twins receive for being “soft,” they’ve never shied away from contact in the corner and along the wall. Will a concussion change that for Daniel?
Coach Alain Vigneault is taking a bit of a risk moving Burrows away from the twins, but Booth and Kesler have shown very little chemistry together all season.
Guess all it took was the brink of elimination to make that change.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)