Apr 17, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
If Daniel Sedin does indeed play tomorrow in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Kings to treat the Canucks’ sniper any different than they would any other Vancouver player.
“We’re going to have a new task at hand and it’s going to be a little harder obviously and we’re up for it,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said Tuesday, as per The Province. “We’ll be just as physical against him as any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, we’re not going to let up on him. I’m not going to be running around and trying to hurt him, but we’re still going to play him hard because we need this game and this series and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.”
Clearly L.A. isn’t afraid to play Vancouver’s skill players tough, as Dustin Brown demonstrated Sunday when he ran over Henrik Sedin with a good, clean hit.
What should be interesting to watch is how Daniel Sedin feels about going to the tough areas of the ice in Game 4. For all the criticism the twins receive for being “soft,” they’ve never shied away from contact in the corner and along the wall. Will a concussion change that for Daniel?
Coach Alain Vigneault is taking a bit of a risk moving Burrows away from the twins, but Booth and Kesler have shown very little chemistry together all season.
Guess all it took was the brink of elimination to make that change.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 0
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)