Apr 17, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
If Daniel Sedin does indeed play tomorrow in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Kings to treat the Canucks’ sniper any different than they would any other Vancouver player.
“We’re going to have a new task at hand and it’s going to be a little harder obviously and we’re up for it,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said Tuesday, as per The Province. “We’ll be just as physical against him as any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, we’re not going to let up on him. I’m not going to be running around and trying to hurt him, but we’re still going to play him hard because we need this game and this series and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.”
Clearly L.A. isn’t afraid to play Vancouver’s skill players tough, as Dustin Brown demonstrated Sunday when he ran over Henrik Sedin with a good, clean hit.
What should be interesting to watch is how Daniel Sedin feels about going to the tough areas of the ice in Game 4. For all the criticism the twins receive for being “soft,” they’ve never shied away from contact in the corner and along the wall. Will a concussion change that for Daniel?
Coach Alain Vigneault is taking a bit of a risk moving Burrows away from the twins, but Booth and Kesler have shown very little chemistry together all season.
Guess all it took was the brink of elimination to make that change.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)