Apr 17, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
If Daniel Sedin does indeed play tomorrow in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Kings to treat the Canucks’ sniper any different than they would any other Vancouver player.
“We’re going to have a new task at hand and it’s going to be a little harder obviously and we’re up for it,” Kings defenseman Drew Doughty said Tuesday, as per The Province. “We’ll be just as physical against him as any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, we’re not going to let up on him. I’m not going to be running around and trying to hurt him, but we’re still going to play him hard because we need this game and this series and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.”
Clearly L.A. isn’t afraid to play Vancouver’s skill players tough, as Dustin Brown demonstrated Sunday when he ran over Henrik Sedin with a good, clean hit.
What should be interesting to watch is how Daniel Sedin feels about going to the tough areas of the ice in Game 4. For all the criticism the twins receive for being “soft,” they’ve never shied away from contact in the corner and along the wall. Will a concussion change that for Daniel?
Coach Alain Vigneault is taking a bit of a risk moving Burrows away from the twins, but Booth and Kesler have shown very little chemistry together all season.
Guess all it took was the brink of elimination to make that change.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)