Apr 17, 2012, 12:24 AM EDT
Here’s a description of the scuffle from McDonald:
During a scrum in front of the Bruins’ net early in the third period, Chimera clearly struck Marchand in the groin area with his stick, sending Marchand to the ice in pain. He was attended to by team trainer Don Del Negro.
McDonald reports that Chimera approached Marchand in the hallway, saying “Sorry, man; You know I’m not like that.” Perhaps that’s true or at least smoothed things over, as Marchand wasn’t very happy before Chimera came to apologize.
“He was trying to be sneaky and do a cheap shot,” Marchand said before talking with Chimera. “The ref caught him and that’s all that matters.”
Chimera received a two-minute minor for slashing. It sounds like Marchand will be able to shake off this, um, “lower-body injury.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5