Apr 17, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
Here’s a description of the scuffle from McDonald:
During a scrum in front of the Bruins’ net early in the third period, Chimera clearly struck Marchand in the groin area with his stick, sending Marchand to the ice in pain. He was attended to by team trainer Don Del Negro.
McDonald reports that Chimera approached Marchand in the hallway, saying “Sorry, man; You know I’m not like that.” Perhaps that’s true or at least smoothed things over, as Marchand wasn’t very happy before Chimera came to apologize.
“He was trying to be sneaky and do a cheap shot,” Marchand said before talking with Chimera. “The ref caught him and that’s all that matters.”
Chimera received a two-minute minor for slashing. It sounds like Marchand will be able to shake off this, um, “lower-body injury.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32