Apr 17, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
Here’s a description of the scuffle from McDonald:
During a scrum in front of the Bruins’ net early in the third period, Chimera clearly struck Marchand in the groin area with his stick, sending Marchand to the ice in pain. He was attended to by team trainer Don Del Negro.
McDonald reports that Chimera approached Marchand in the hallway, saying “Sorry, man; You know I’m not like that.” Perhaps that’s true or at least smoothed things over, as Marchand wasn’t very happy before Chimera came to apologize.
“He was trying to be sneaky and do a cheap shot,” Marchand said before talking with Chimera. “The ref caught him and that’s all that matters.”
Chimera received a two-minute minor for slashing. It sounds like Marchand will be able to shake off this, um, “lower-body injury.”
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10