Apr 17, 2012, 10:41 PM EDT
It took a curious amount of time, but the NHL rolled out suspensions for two controversial figures in the penalty-filled Game 3 between the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. While star sniper James Neal will sit out Game 4, tough winger Arron Asham will miss the rest of the first round – no matter what. The league handed Asham a four-game suspension for a cross-check on Flyers youngster Brayden Schenn.
Here is the explanation video:
So, how do you feel? Is that punishment too light, just right or too harsh? Do tell.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18