Apr 17, 2012, 10:41 PM EST
It took a curious amount of time, but the NHL rolled out suspensions for two controversial figures in the penalty-filled Game 3 between the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. While star sniper James Neal will sit out Game 4, tough winger Arron Asham will miss the rest of the first round – no matter what. The league handed Asham a four-game suspension for a cross-check on Flyers youngster Brayden Schenn.
Here is the explanation video:
So, how do you feel? Is that punishment too light, just right or too harsh? Do tell.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32