Apr 16, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The LA Kings have received several strong individual performances in their series with Vancouver.
First, there was the mockery of Ryan Kesler and “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome” tweets after winning Game 1.
Then, the “We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0” blast after Game 2.
Now — in the wake of Sunday’s Game 3 win that gave L.A. a seemingly insurmountable series lead – the Kings Twitter account was at it again:
The Kings issued a pseudo-apology after the first round of tweets — the ol’ “to anyone who found this offensive” routine — with VP of communications and content Mike Altieri saying “We encourage our digital team to be creative, interactive and apply a sense of humor whenever possible.”
So it’s safe to say they won’t be offering any mea culpas for the latest tweets which, to be fair, are kinda funny.
And, if you’re a Canucks fan…kinda sad.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)