Apr 16, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The LA Kings have received several strong individual performances in their series with Vancouver.
First, there was the mockery of Ryan Kesler and “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome” tweets after winning Game 1.
Then, the “We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0” blast after Game 2.
Now — in the wake of Sunday’s Game 3 win that gave L.A. a seemingly insurmountable series lead — the Kings Twitter account was at it again:
The Kings issued a pseudo-apology after the first round of tweets — the ol’ “to anyone who found this offensive” routine — with VP of communications and content Mike Altieri saying “We encourage our digital team to be creative, interactive and apply a sense of humor whenever possible.”
So it’s safe to say they won’t be offering any mea culpas for the latest tweets which, to be fair, are kinda funny.
And, if you’re a Canucks fan…kinda sad.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25