Apr 16, 2012, 1:39 PM EST
The LA Kings have received several strong individual performances in their series with Vancouver.
First, there was the mockery of Ryan Kesler and “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome” tweets after winning Game 1.
Then, the “We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0” blast after Game 2.
Now — in the wake of Sunday’s Game 3 win that gave L.A. a seemingly insurmountable series lead – the Kings Twitter account was at it again:
The Kings issued a pseudo-apology after the first round of tweets — the ol’ “to anyone who found this offensive” routine — with VP of communications and content Mike Altieri saying “We encourage our digital team to be creative, interactive and apply a sense of humor whenever possible.”
So it’s safe to say they won’t be offering any mea culpas for the latest tweets which, to be fair, are kinda funny.
And, if you’re a Canucks fan…kinda sad.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)