Apr 16, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The LA Kings have received several strong individual performances in their series with Vancouver.
First, there was the mockery of Ryan Kesler and “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome” tweets after winning Game 1.
Then, the “We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0” blast after Game 2.
Now — in the wake of Sunday’s Game 3 win that gave L.A. a seemingly insurmountable series lead — the Kings Twitter account was at it again:
The Kings issued a pseudo-apology after the first round of tweets — the ol’ “to anyone who found this offensive” routine — with VP of communications and content Mike Altieri saying “We encourage our digital team to be creative, interactive and apply a sense of humor whenever possible.”
So it’s safe to say they won’t be offering any mea culpas for the latest tweets which, to be fair, are kinda funny.
And, if you’re a Canucks fan…kinda sad.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)