Apr 16, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
The indignation from the mainstream media reached epic proportions during and after the Flyers-Penguins game on Sunday.
On Twitter, words like “disgraceful” and “embarrassing” were used to describe the contentious contest in Philadelphia.
Today, Ken Campbell of The Hockey News ripped the NHL, writing, “Those who run the league at its highest levels have so little faith in the beauty, intensity and emotion when the game is played at its highest level that they feel compelled to allow this nonsense to continue relatively unabated.”
On the other hand, the TV ratings were way up.
And for what it’s worth, Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jamar Chaney tweeted, “No matter the sport. This was the best game I ever attend(ed) as a fan.”
So let’s put it to a poll:
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)