Apr 16, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
The indignation from the mainstream media reached epic proportions during and after the Flyers-Penguins game on Sunday.
On Twitter, words like “disgraceful” and “embarrassing” were used to describe the contentious contest in Philadelphia.
Today, Ken Campbell of The Hockey News ripped the NHL, writing, “Those who run the league at its highest levels have so little faith in the beauty, intensity and emotion when the game is played at its highest level that they feel compelled to allow this nonsense to continue relatively unabated.”
On the other hand, the TV ratings were way up.
And for what it’s worth, Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jamar Chaney tweeted, “No matter the sport. This was the best game I ever attend(ed) as a fan.”
So let’s put it to a poll:
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)