Apr 16, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
The indignation from the mainstream media reached epic proportions during and after the Flyers-Penguins game on Sunday.
On Twitter, words like “disgraceful” and “embarrassing” were used to describe the contentious contest in Philadelphia.
Today, Ken Campbell of The Hockey News ripped the NHL, writing, “Those who run the league at its highest levels have so little faith in the beauty, intensity and emotion when the game is played at its highest level that they feel compelled to allow this nonsense to continue relatively unabated.”
On the other hand, the TV ratings were way up.
And for what it’s worth, Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jamar Chaney tweeted, “No matter the sport. This was the best game I ever attend(ed) as a fan.”
So let’s put it to a poll:
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32