Apr 16, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
What you see here is what happens when Ryan Kesler goes above and beyond the call of duty to draw a cross checking call by Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell. What’s funny here, aside from Kesler’s over-the-top theatrics, is seeing Mitchell and Alec Martinez busy chatting about the call about to be made against them while Kesler is still in the process of whirling and twirling to the ice.
Yes, Mitchell was called for a minor penalty while Kesler managed to escape without being called for diving. It’s as if Kesler is doing his best Austin Powers imitation here. “Oh, I fell over… Oh, I fell over again…” Hey, with acting like this it practically is comedy.
I’m sure you guys have some great captions for this picture, let’s see them in the comments.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)