Apr 16, 2012, 8:48 AM EST
What you see here is what happens when Ryan Kesler goes above and beyond the call of duty to draw a cross checking call by Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell. What’s funny here, aside from Kesler’s over-the-top theatrics, is seeing Mitchell and Alec Martinez busy chatting about the call about to be made against them while Kesler is still in the process of whirling and twirling to the ice.
Yes, Mitchell was called for a minor penalty while Kesler managed to escape without being called for diving. It’s as if Kesler is doing his best Austin Powers imitation here. “Oh, I fell over… Oh, I fell over again…” Hey, with acting like this it practically is comedy.
I’m sure you guys have some great captions for this picture, let’s see them in the comments.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)