Apr 16, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
What you see here is what happens when Ryan Kesler goes above and beyond the call of duty to draw a cross checking call by Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell. What’s funny here, aside from Kesler’s over-the-top theatrics, is seeing Mitchell and Alec Martinez busy chatting about the call about to be made against them while Kesler is still in the process of whirling and twirling to the ice.
Yes, Mitchell was called for a minor penalty while Kesler managed to escape without being called for diving. It’s as if Kesler is doing his best Austin Powers imitation here. “Oh, I fell over… Oh, I fell over again…” Hey, with acting like this it practically is comedy.
I’m sure you guys have some great captions for this picture, let’s see them in the comments.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)