Apr 16, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
Alfredsson was injured Saturday on an elbow by New York forward Carl Hagelin, who received a three-game suspension for the act.
Alfredsson’s absence certainly outweighs Hagelin’s in term of significance to the team – the 39-year-old finished fourth in scoring (27G, 32A) on the Senators during the regular season.
There was talk earlier today that Alfredsson could be in the lineup tonight. He took the morning skate and was reportedly to be a game-time decision.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)