Apr 16, 2012, 5:49 PM EST
Alfredsson was injured Saturday on an elbow by New York forward Carl Hagelin, who received a three-game suspension for the act.
Alfredsson’s absence certainly outweighs Hagelin’s in term of significance to the team – the 39-year-old finished fourth in scoring (27G, 32A) on the Senators during the regular season.
There was talk earlier today that Alfredsson could be in the lineup tonight. He took the morning skate and was reportedly to be a game-time decision.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11