Apr 16, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
The fallout from a wild and controversial weekend of playoff action continued on Monday, when the NHL announced two fines for the Ottawa Senators organization.
Both the club ($10,000) and forward Zenon Konopka ($2,500) have been punished for Konopka’s pregame antics on Saturday, prior to Ottawa’s 3-2 overtime victory against the Rangers.
Konopka was fined for his verbal abuse of New York forward Brian Boyle — while Boyle was conducting a live television interview during warmups with the MSG Network.
The fines are just the latest in what’s been a busy punishment period for NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. He’s also fined Nashville defenseman Shea Weber $2,500 for slamming Henrik Zetterberg‘s head into the boards and suspended Vancouver’s Byron Bitz (two games, boarding), New York’s Carl Hagelin (three games, elbowing) and Ottawa’s Matt Carkner (one game, fighting unwilling opponent).
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 100
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (100)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)